• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Fcs schools are not as results oriented

LOL

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

But cjs had none of this sanctions and is not A fcs coach. He is a coach that inherited a 4-8 team with 3 fbs wins and won 1 fbs game in two seasons. 

Pivot.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,539
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

LOL

Pivot.

As I stated  find me an fbs coach aince the 80s that went 1-21 and got to keep his job and I was given an fcs coach.  COLLINS and Herm got fired for doing than Jeff Scott has peaked at. What kind of program  are we building when the standard is to get blown out by byu and Louisville looking lost? We thought they turned a corner against uf and they got 5 steps backwards against Louisville. We beat Howard when we went just athlete to athlete and ran at them. We are the only fbs team without a passing touchdowns and we rank at the bottom yet again for offense and defense.  What else are we waiting for Jeff Scott to show us ?

Scott has nothing to do with outlandish comments about FCS.  Just stay on topic and you'll be fine.  Jeff Scott, 1-21.  

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Scott has nothing to do with outlandish comments about FCS.  Just stay on topic and you'll be fine.  Jeff Scott, 1-21.  

I said fcs schools do not have the money and do not care as much about winning.  You see a lot of coaches in fcs football with terrible records because there are not exactly a lot of quality coaches lining up for those jobs  for pay and recognition that is almost non existent if you are not at the top.

Edited by Outlaw

I quoted what you said.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

39 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

As I stated  find me an fbs coach aince the 80s that went 1-21 and got to keep his job and I was given an fcs coach.  COLLINS and Herm got fired for doing than Jeff Scott has peaked at. What kind of program  are we building when the standard is to get blown out by byu and Louisville looking lost? We thought they turned a corner against uf and they got 5 steps backwards against Louisville. We beat Howard when we went just athlete to athlete and ran at them. We are the only fbs team without a passing touchdowns and we rank at the bottom yet again for offense and defense.  What else are we waiting for Jeff Scott to show us ?

The irony is that you are advocating for Chad Morris to replace him and his last College Head Coaching stint had him at 0-14 in conference.   Our very own CJS has had more success in conference play then the guy you want. Stay the course, good things are on the horizon. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

The irony is that you are advocating for Chad Morris to replace him and his last College Head Coaching stint had him at 0-14 in conference.   Our very own CJS has had more success in conference play then the guy you want. Stay the course, good things are on the horizon. 

Chad morris had success in the aac at smu. His offense was scoring way more In year 1, year 2, year 3, and he left smu in much better shape  than when he started. Can You say that about Mr. Scott ?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

Where have they said they didn't know about it ....... and what would it have mattered anyway??

Yep, the false counter argument that doesn't exist.

Where did they say they knew?

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

48 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Yep, the false counter argument that doesn't exist.

Where did they say they knew?

Your original argument doesn't exist for the same reason. You made the accusation below, you need to back it up and then answer why it even matters whether he knew or not. I'm sure there were plenty of AD's that had no idea of the OU/Texas move until it happened. I get some of the MK criticism but unfounded narratives like this are a joke ....

On 9/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, USFBULL_08 said:

So, just to get this straight - The BOT that hired the AD and who panicked announced the OCS after their guy got caught with his pants down by realignment.....who hired a guy who can't beat FBS teams. Those people?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Chad morris had success in the aac at smu. His offense was scoring way more In year 1, year 2, year 3, and he left smu in much better shape  than when he started. Can You say that about Mr. Scott ?

CJS has been an outright disaster and is in over his head.  That is blatantly obvious but what can you do, we extended him and he is our skipper and appears he will go down with the ship.