• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I bet if you brought up the archives on the board when we hired CJS, CSH, CCS the majority were calling them great hires. Many publications were pointing in those directions saying USF made great hires at the time. It has been crazy lol

Each had supporters and detractors. But yes typically after we fire the current HC, nearly everybody becomes optimistic about the next head coach. And then that slowly wanes.   It would be nice if we could have success and enjoy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think people legitimately had doubts that a “Co-OC” had sufficient experience to run a program - especially a flailing program. I wasn’t in the room of course but I can’t help but think that was a bad mistake by Kelly.  Not sure exactly what he was thinking.

Willie was still learning in his first years here. We were his development plan and place to become a competent head coach.  Still, Willie had experience that Jeff Scott never had.

We should be hiring people that know what the heck they’re doing.  

He was mesmerized by Dabo Swinney.   The thought process is that Jeff Scott learned from his boss and would make a great up and coming coach.   Well sometimes people are promoted to their level of incompetency.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think people legitimately had doubts that a “Co-OC” had sufficient experience to run a program - especially a flailing program. I wasn’t in the room of course but I can’t help but think that was a bad mistake by Kelly.  Not sure exactly what he was thinking.

Willie was still learning in his first years here. We were his development plan and place to become a competent head coach.  Still, Willie had experience that Jeff Scott never had.

We should be hiring people that know what the heck they’re doing.  

I think he tried to recreate the Dabo effect.  Dabo was a WR coach who never called plays and was made interim when they fired Bowden and well we know how that turned.  Obviously he saw a lot of Dabo in Jeff Scott and that hasn’t come close to materializing.   Total misfire on the part of MK.  He probably leaned on a lot of his ACC contacts and they all vouched for Scott and that was good enough for him.

MK should stick to fund raising and facilities 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Firing him in season or not the damage is done. Fact is we have no real interim waiting in the wings, so let him play this out and be ready to cut ties after our last game. By then hopefully we will be ready with a shortlist and realistic options.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,332

21 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Firing him in season or not the damage is done. Fact is we have no real interim waiting in the wings, so let him play this out and be ready to cut ties after our last game. By then hopefully we will be ready with a shortlist and realistic options.

Knock knock Chad Morris is already here working for the team. He did a great job running the offense at Clemson and took over SMU as his first job and improved them in year one. In year two they were going bowling. I bet if you gave Chad a few weeks the offense would do better than 0 passing touchdowns in 4 games and 3 points against a .500 bottom tier ACC team.

Edited by Outlaw

27 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think he tried to recreate the Dabo effect.  Dabo was a WR coach who never called plays and was made interim when they fired Bowden…

I don’t disagree, but that is one hell of a bet to place.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,332

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I don’t disagree, but that is one hell of a bet to place.  

Dabo actually built his wrs and has intensity that Jeff Scott has shown in only one game. Dabo is also really good at evaluating player talent and coaching staff talent. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Knock knock Chad Morris is already here working for the team. He did a great job running the offense at Clemson and took over SMU as his first job and improved them in year one. In year two they were going bowling. I bet if you gave Chad a few weeks the offense would do better than 0 passing touchdowns in 4 games and 3 points against a .500 bottom tier ACC team.

I would not mind giving Chad Morris another chance 

• Me no likey 1

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

I would not mind giving Chad Morris another chance 

Every “chance” we give somebody is a chance we take.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I like to see him get a shot see what he can do...sure Scott can coach at start of conference play but if the same losing pull the trigger let Morris get a shot.

If he fails just as bad then atleast we can rule out Morris as a possibility.