• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,330
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

That's your response?  You should get a hobby

I am saying any competent coach could do better. Charlie and Skip look like star coaches compared to Jeff Scott. So give me a reason why he deserves to keep his job based on his results on the field at USF?  You can say he is a nice guy and has changed the culture. His culture is losing and looking unprepared in year 3.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am saying any competent coach could do better. Charlie and Skip look like star coaches compared to Jeff Scott. So give me a reason why he deserves to keep his job based on his results on the field at USF?  You can say he is a nice guy and has changed the culture. His culture is losing and looking unprepared in year 3.

I haven't said jack go argue with someone else and .... get a hobby

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So give me a reason why he deserves to keep his job based on his results on the field at USF?

You keep asking this ridiculous question. How does he deserve to keep his job based on the results on the field? He doesn’t and you know that. And you refuse to open your eyes to there being other potential considerations.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,330
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

You keep asking this ridiculous question. How does he deserve to keep his job based on the results on the field? He doesn’t and you know that. And you refuse to open your eyes to there being other potential considerations.  

I mean Chad Morris is alredy here and he can't do worse. Hopefully mk has already started  talking to him about the scenario. I think he can squeeze at least one or two wins out and improve the offense. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I may be in the minority but I don’t want a coach to tell me this is his destination, I want someone that wants to come in and win immediately and bounce for a better opportunity.  Our coach is interested in building a family and providing a stable home environment, this is a red flag.

Just to be clear, when I use the term 'destination' I do not mean where you want to invest in real estate and live out the rest of your days.

I mean a school like Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Texas, Alabama, Georgia or USC. Places where coaches say "You know, I always wanted to coach at [insert school]. This is my dream job."  I don't know that there's a long list of coaches thinking, "You know, I've always wanted to coach over on Fowler Avenue." More like, "If I get some pub at USF, that might be something I can leverage for [insert destination school here].  If we don't want to spend our days playing in the AAC, I'm just guessing that coaches don't want to spend their days coaching in the AAC either. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Realistically it would be almost impossible to do worse than 1-21 against FBS.

Ronald Beard Prairie View A&M 1991 1994 4 44 0 44 0 .000

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I think people legitimately had doubts that a “Co-OC” had sufficient experience to run a program - especially a flailing program. I wasn’t in the room of course but I can’t help but think that was a bad mistake by Kelly.  Not sure exactly what he was thinking.

Willie was still learning in his first years here. We were his development plan and place to become a competent head coach.  Still, Willie had experience that Jeff Scott never had.

We should be hiring people that know what the heck they’re doing.  

Hindsight is 20/20. The first Co-coordinator we hired did a pretty good job ......

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Hindsight is 20/20. The first Co-coordinator we hired did a pretty good job ......

Exactly.  Very few people would have zero questions that could be used in hindsight.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

I’m not speaking about now. 

I said some had doubts. Past tense. 

It is a pretty risky play. 

in hindsight those concerns may be justified. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I’m not speaking about now. 

I said some had doubts. Past tense. 

It is a pretty risky play. 

in hindsight those concerns may be justified. 

Not being familiar with the subject, but besides our first hire, have there been many/any co-coordinators, or non full fledged coordinators, hired in the past to run programs?