• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wasn't there a guy brought up in these cesspools of conversation that was something like 0-44?

He was bringing an FCS program back from a multi year hiatus due to a financial scandal by the prior administration.  He had to build from scratch, not as a new shiny program but from the depths of crap with no budget for staff, CJS has performed worse IMO.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

38 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

The true reason for our current failing status as a football program, plain and simple, are the hiring decisions of Michael Kelly. His rewarding alone by extensions of people who are terrible at their jobs is bad alone enough.

Oh man I almost burst out laughing...  Our record ever since Leavitt was fired is trash.  But this is all the fault of a guy hired 9 years after that?  Puhhhleaaasse. 

Yes his extensions look stupid but good lord they didn't retroactively cause McNeese state or..or.. you know what I don't even have the energy to list everything.  I'll just say that during the broadcast of the UF game they mentioned that we haven't beat a top 25 team on the road since 2011 against ND.  Kelly was hired in 2018.

USF was P5 and had a hell of a coach to compensate for lack of football investment.  After we lost *both* the conference and the coach, we had 0 advantages over the likes of UCF and others in the AAC. (So of course they all got better recruits and coaches!!!!)

Who picks a job with leadership that doesn't invest as much other companies and expects you to do better than their competitors???  At least Kelly has tried to play catch up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was bringing an FCS program back from a multi year hiatus due to a financial scandal by the prior administration.  He had to build from scratch, not as a new shiny program but from the depths of crap with no budget for staff, CJS has performed worse IMO.

My bad, being too analytical. I took it strictly as objective and not subjective when referring to the worst coach in the history of college football. As bad as CJS has been, I'm sure there are other fan bases who would consider hires for their team as the worst coach in the history of college football.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My bad, being too analytical. I took it strictly as objective and not subjective when referring to the worst coach in the history of college football. As bad as CJS has been, I'm sure there are other fan bases who would consider hires for their team as the worst coach in the history of college football.

Who is the worst in FBS history then?

28 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Who is the worst in FBS history then?

I have no clue. All that matters to me is that CJS is the worst in USF history at this point in time ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

I disagree. To say Genshaft was the main reason the football program sucks ignores a lot of context. When she fired Leavitt in 2009 a sizable amount of the fans thought we had plateaued to 8-5 forever. That plus the combination of his interfering of an investigation of potential student assault was enough for her and Woolard to pull the trigger. 

When Skip Holtz was hired, he had just won two conferences championships. He was supposed to take us to the next level, but for whatever reason it didn't work out here. I don't believe she hired Skip Holtz to tank the football program on purpose. And you have to remember that under her and Woolard's leadership, athletics as a whole improved in facilities significantly. We got a brand new baseball and softball stadiums, a renovated Sun Dome, and the Lee Roy Selmon building. Certainly upgrades that an apathetic president would not sign off on. She was also present at almost all athletic events, I ran into her at ND as she supported the team. In hindsight, the Leavitt situation was not a good one, but an understandable one given the circumstances.

The true reason for our current failing status as a football program, plain and simple, are the hiring decisions of Michael Kelly. His rewarding alone by extensions of people who are terrible at their jobs is bad alone enough. If Tony Elliot ends up being a nice HC at Virginia, It's going to sting to know he was the other finalist for this job, but Kelly instead went with the worst HC in the history of college football - I wish that was an exaggeration. 

SPOT ON

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Wasn't there a guy brought up in these cesspools of conversation that was something like 0-44?

He was not a fbs coach. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Who would hire him as a hc ? He would be lucky to get a co-oc job at any other spot but Clemson at this point. He will have go back to being a wr coach and prove himself if he doesn't start winning. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

SPOT ON

He was not a fbs coach. 

He was a college football coach ....

Just now, Triple B said:

He was a college football coach ....

He was an fcs coach at school  no one ever knows. There is no coach anyone can find if so will gladly hand them the title the least  successful fbs coach of modern football  .

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Who would hire him as a hc ? He would be lucky to get a co-oc job at any other spot but Clemson at this point. He will have go back to being a wr coach and prove himself if he doesn't start winning. 

Dude, pay a-*******-tension to what the conversation is about ....