• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Dude, pay a-*******-tension to what the conversation is about ....

I replied to your comment of plenty of fbs programs would hire cjs as a coach currently. I can only name one USF and they even extended him which it is quite a mind f*** in itself .

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Oh man I almost burst out laughing...  Our record ever since Leavitt was fired is trash.  But this is all the fault of a guy hired 9 years after that?  Puhhhleaaasse. 

Yes his extensions look stupid but good lord they didn't retroactively cause McNeese state or..or.. you know what I don't even have the energy to list everything.  I'll just say that during the broadcast of the UF game they mentioned that we haven't beat a top 25 team on the road since 2011 against ND.  Kelly was hired in 2018.

USF was P5 and had a hell of a coach to compensate for lack of football investment.  After we lost *both* the conference and the coach, we had 0 advantages over the likes of UCF and others in the AAC. (So of course they all got better recruits and coaches!!!!)

Who picks a job with leadership that doesn't invest as much other companies and expects you to do better than their competitors???  At least Kelly has tried to play catch up.

You seem to just forget we were winning a lot under Taggart. As in, most wins in program history in a season.

The program re-emerged after Leavitt and Holtz to its highest peak in terms of total season results (no Leavitt team ever finished ranked top 25, yes even the glorious 2007 team).

Taggart left a winning program with amazing players.

But the hires of Strong followed by Scott tanked us. And yes, those are the biggest reasons.

Wasn’t Lane Kiffin desiring the USF job after Taggart left us? He probably would’ve left a winning program like he did at FAU who is now going to be our conference mate due to success.

Had Harlan and Kelly made good hires rather than a failed rethread and a total totalllll loser the sky wouldn’t be falling  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

48 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

but... the CULTURE... it's soooo much better /s

The locker room has never been cleaner!! 

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

7 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

But the hires of Strong followed by Scott tanked us. And yes, those are the biggest reasons.

Wasn’t Lane Kiffin desiring the USF job after Taggart left us? He probably would’ve left a winning program like he did at FAU who is now going to be our conference mate due to success.

Had Harlan and Kelly made good hires rather than a failed rethread and a total totalllll loser the sky wouldn’t be falling  

Why are you moving the goalposts? Ghost didn't defend Harlan.

Link to Kiffin's interest in coming here?

The only thing MK is responsible for is the last 2 years and 4 games, which have been brutal, and even some of that could be attributed to the CCS hangover ....... but the CJS story hasn't entirely played out yet.

And as horrible as the CJS reign has been so far, what good MK has done in other ways far outweighs that in the overall picture for USF. Take off the blinders.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Umm…I thought we played 12 games and not 8.  To say that we should only be judged on the conference games is ridiculous.  It’s the entire body of work.   I bet if he had won one of those he’d be singing a different tune.  I wonder if App State coach is saying don’t judge me by the A&M win just judge me by how we do in conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Umm…I thought we played 12 games and not 8.  To say that we should only be judged on the conference games is ridiculous.  It’s the entire body of work.   I bet if he had won one of those he’d be singing a different tune.  I wonder if App State coach is saying don’t judge me by the A&M win just judge me by how we do in conference.

Lip stick on a pig.  Coach you talk too much. Shut up and win.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And as horrible as the CJS reign has been so far, what good MK has done in other ways far outweighs that in the overall picture for USF. Take off the blinders.

What amazing things has MK done that no other semi-competent AD would be able to do? Raise money? Any borderline politician can do that, but being a good AD requires more than that. Is it more important to shake hands or hire winning - or at least not horrible - coaches in football or basketball. If CJS goes 1-11 again, let’s see how good he is at raising money after this year.

MK:
- Hire two awful coaches, one literary in the conversation for worst coach in FBS history. 

- Extended said coaches though they clearly are not good at their jobs.

- Attempted his hardest to expand the rivalry with UCF, which you are so keen of. 
- Has failed to get any traction toward conference realignment, even though he “has major connections” 

^one can argue this is mainly due to the fact that we suck as football. But where does the buck stop with that?

- Before you say OCS, he always diverted from the topic until Weatherford brought it up publicly in a speech. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, sparkybull said:

but... the CULTURE... it's soooo much better /s

image.thumb.png.fcbfeff93af1acbcdea2ddab615a6969.png

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

38 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

What amazing things has MK done that no other semi-competent AD would be able to do?

But none before him HERE have.

Let's change AD's and coaches like some change underwear. That's a key to success ....

Sometimes I see the thought processes of some of our fans and fully understand why we are where we were in regards to Contributions if those thoughts are pervasive .......... but then MK has shown me that there are still a lot out there who do understand what it takes in college athletics.