• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What good would firing the coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Indeed, the hyenas online were waiting to pounce on any reference to the second half, they'd already decided to bend the truth to serve their needs.   There is enough to be concerned with besides alleged second half victories or his southern accent allegedly rendering him stupid. 

I knew of the context before posting that tweet and for the record I don’t think he’s stupid, in fact he’s probably one our most polished coaches we’ve had when speaking to the media.  That is actually one of his strong suit.  He just happens to be lost as a head coach  Context or no context the word “won” should have NEVER come out of his mouth after that performance yesterday.  Using the word won to describe the second half (even in full context) looked and sounded horrible.   I’d be fine if he never does another press conference.  At this point, if the losing continues like yesterday, there’s nothing he can really say anyways that will make the situation any better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I knew of the context before posting that tweet and for the record I don’t think he’s stupid, in fact he’s probably one our most polished coaches we’ve had when speaking to the media.  That is actually one of his strong suit.  He just happens to be lost as a head coach  Context or no context the word “won” should have NEVER come out of his mouth after that performance yesterday.  Using the word won to describe the second half (even in full context) looked and sounded horrible.   I’d be fine if he never does another press conference.  At this point, if the losing continues like yesterday, there’s nothing he can really say anyways that will make the situation any better.

He just happens to be lost as a head coach  Context or no context the word “won” should have NEVER come out of his mouth after that performance yesterday.

Spot on.

The only thing he has won is the worst coach in modern FBS History title until he proves otherwise.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Context or no context the word “won” should have NEVER come out of his mouth after that performance yesterday.  Using the word won to describe the second half (even in full context) looked and sounded horrible.  

Have you ever coached before?  Coaches often break the game down that way, especially after an ass-kicking in the first.  It's what they tell the players. In basketball, you often want to focus on just winning the next four minutes to have a chance to overcome the deficit later in the game.  

For someone viewed as polished with the media, he did take the "new media's" honesty and adulthood for granted.  And it's the way TDS pulled out just a single comment, purposely out of context, shaping it to their narrative that is egregious.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He just happens to be lost as a head coach  Context or no context the word “won” should have NEVER come out of his mouth after that performance yesterday.

Spot on.

The only thing he has won is the worst coach in modern FBS History title until he proves otherwise.

Have you ever coached before?  Coaches often break the game down that way, especially after an ass-kicking in the first.  It's what they tell the players. In basketball, you often want to focus on just winning the next four minutes to have a chance to overcome the deficit later in the game.  

For someone viewed as polished with the media, he did take the "new media's" honesty and adulthood for granted.  And it's the way TDS pulled out just a single comment, purposely out of context, shaping it to their narrative that is egregious.

No I never coached, however, if he wants to frame it up as having won the second half with the players in the privacy of the looker room, that’s fine.  When you say it to the media even with full context it’s not a good look.  The first thought I had after reading that quote was Butch Jones telling the media his University of Tennessee players were “champions of life”  It just makes a bad situation worse.

I sure hope something changes because this continued spiral in to the abyss is tearing apart what little is left of this fan base.

Just now, Brad said:

Have you ever coached before?  Coaches often break the game down that way, especially after an ass-kicking in the first.  It's what they tell the players. In basketball, you often want to focus on just winning the next four minutes to have a chance to overcome the deficit later in the game.  

Have you ever coached before?  Coaches often break the game down that way, especially after an ass-kicking in the first.  It's what they tell the players. In basketball, you often want to focus on just winning the next four minutes to have a chance to overcome the deficit later in the game.  

Yes i have coached before (hockey) and grew up playing competitive sports my whole life (Hockey, baseball, quit football in middle school). I stopped coaching when the owner of the rink/club manager and I had a falling out because he said certain kids deserve to start and play more because their parents donate to the club. That isn't going to fly with me. I don't have kids so I am not going to volunteer my time for free to have kids play that are getting outworked in practice and in games. I still play beer league hockey.   MY dad coached travel football for my brother as long as I can remember until he got to high school. He wanted to let him find his own path and not influence his playing time in high school. He was offered by the coach at the struggling high school several times to come help out the dline coach. My dad was a pretty good football player in Lake Wales in his day won some state championships and went on to play at the college level until he  got hurt and couldn't play. I was not trying to sound like uncle Rico about my dad but here is some background on coaching experience in football I got from being around him as a kid. I enjoy talking to him about about USF football and the coaching staff. He really hasn't said anything good about Jeff Scott.   As I told you before he said there are high school coaches that are more prepared to Jeff Scott it is. He says he doesn't seem involved in the game at times and is not hands on like a lot of coaches are by getting in the players face and ears.

---->   Before Outlaw jumps in.

I'm just trying to keep some amount of reality and sanity on this site.  Like I said, you take from it what you want.  No one would object if we were winning games by only a small margin because of second half collapses and Scott said we won the second half to earn the W.  

**** he beat me again.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

**** he beat me again.

Moving on.

Monolithic paragraphs are not my thing.

There isn't a win or loss just giving you some insight to your question. IF we are losing close games and said we had some fight in the second half and almost came back. I could respect that. To say we won the second half 21-7 but you got completed SMOKED 41-7 in the first half is embarrassing. We are in year 3 getting blown out by bad FBS teams. Nothing Jeff Scott can say can change the course of this program. The only thing he can do is come more prepared, do a better job on the field, and win some games.  Close loses are something you can build on and use to make progress, but getting embarrassed in the first half week after week in year 3 is pathetic. I get you are trying to keep sanity but any defending or praising Jeff Scott at this point for what he has did here in INSANE. I don't even know what you can say is his  best accomplishment here is besides beating Temple, losing a heartbreaker to UF we could have won, and winning the second half of a blowout. WE are tired of losing the worse football experience in USF history.

Edited by Outlaw

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

---->   Before Outlaw jumps in.

I'm just trying to keep some amount of reality and sanity on this site.  Like I said, you take from it what you want.  No one would object if we were winning games by only a small margin because of second half collapses and Scott said we won the second half to earn the W.  

We’re all tired of the losing.  It’s just some of us deal with it in different ways.  Some leave altogether, some stay around and complain, others try and compartmentalize the losing.  For those of us that are sticking around, I can say that we’re all glad that we have this forum to vent and discuss all things Bulls!

Thank You!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

We’re all tired of the losing.  It’s just some of us deal with it in different ways.  Some leave altogether, some stay around and complain, others try and compartmentalize the losing.  For those of us that are sticking around, I can say that we’re all glad that we have this forum to vent and discuss all things Bulls!

Thank You!

This deserves a better reaction than is available. I'm teetering on the negativity wall with this **** progrum...