• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun Noriega - Sarasota Tribune

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Old accusations being brought back up again. He said the same thing in 2017.

141562505.jpg.jpg

Noriega held nothing back in his Twitter rant Friday afternoon.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This is one player's sour grapes, IMO. When deciding whether or not to opt for surgical repair, especially on a foot, there are often many considerations. Just because he found a surgeon that disagreed with the plan of another surgeon doesn't mean that either did anything wrong or unethical. The fact that he broke his foot multiple times after having it surgically repaired is very telling. That could have been the fear of the doctor from USF; surgery may have made him more vulnerable to future issues. It is tough to say for sure. I have yet to hear any similar complaints from other players on Heath's teams. For me, I need more than one disgruntled guy lashing out. Most players seemed to be gruntled with Heath. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Yep. Seems he had his accusation time per he above posted article in 2017. Now in 2022 he gets the ear of a herald writer and rehashes the same thing over again. Maybe Heath and USF did or did not do something relating to this guy?? Thing is, he has a bum ankle tough to play basketball with a reoccurring ankle injury. Seems he has job/career jumped a few times since he was at USF so maybe he isn't happy with life. If he wants to be a coach hopefully, he teaches players to be positive and doesn't drone on about what he could have been.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No offense Noriega, but you weren't good enough for the NBA.

Good luck with life youngster 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

DoJo was a much better ball player.  He couldn’t stick in the NBA.  This guy was not NBA caliber 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Don't know what is true.  I know there were a lot of internal issues with USF MBB under Stan (deja vu all over again).  That said, almost every player I ever talked to who missed out on achieving their NBA dream had some other coach, team, school, etc. to blame.  When Charlie Bradley didn't make it, then I knew it was a tough get.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

He was a borderline D1 player.  He wasn't even good when he was healthy.  Averaging 4.6 ppg in 92 college games has NBA written all over it.  It wouldn't surprise me about injury stuff with Heath and USF but high school basketball coach seems about right for him.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,007
  • Days Won:  469

Explosion Reaction GIF

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

I am not sure why someone even bothered writing a story on this guy?  No real point or inspiration, just a subpar player now in teaching after bouncing around from job to job after numerous injuries in a forgettable college career. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,542
  • Days Won:  423

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not sure why someone even bothered writing a story on this guy?  No real point or inspiration, just a subpar player now in teaching after bouncing around from job to job after numerous injuries in a forgettable college career. 

Local kid down there, I think, and a chance to re-stir up some controversy. Journalism 101 these days ....