• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Would appear Memphis has a track record of NCAA violations over the years. There is a segment of their fans/ supporters that have been working to build an image and structure so they will be considered for future conference expansion. hardaway being an ex-pro prob thought paying a mom so her kid would go to his school was ok..kinda like a free agent he was giving them a signing bonus--"What you cant pay the players??" This is not going to help their recent polishing efforts. The dark cloud of doom is now over Memphis. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

That article mentioned there are accusations against the football program as well. 

We lost 2 scholarships because we practiced too much under Strong. If Memphis has big violations in football/basketball who knows what happens, they are the size school the NCAA would love to hammer as a warning to everyone else

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, bulloni said:

That article mentioned there are accusations against the football program as well. 

We lost 2 scholarships because we practiced too much under Strong. If Memphis has big violations in football/basketball who knows what happens, they are the size school the NCAA would love to hammer as a warning to everyone else

You really gotta scratch your head at Strong practicing to much🤪😜. Also, I think the NCAA might be getting a little gun shy with major penalties. Of course it is the lowly G5, so who knows.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You really gotta scratch your head at Strong practicing to much🤪😜. Also, I think the NCAA might be getting a little gun shy with major penalties. Of course it is the lowly G5, so who knows.

How much power to enforce does the NCAA really have? I feel like they lost control years ago, and haven’t really gained that power back. The conference heads could say **** off and just form their own committee.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

How much power to enforce does the NCAA really have? I feel like they lost control years ago, and haven’t really gained that power back. The conference heads could say **** off and just form their own committee.

They still go after the G5 schools

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, USFsurfer said:

Maybe money for now yes, but in terms of competition, the ACC is garbage right now (Pitt beat Wake for the title). If this is the current strength of the conference I would put it more like

SEC

BIG10

BIG12 even without OU & UT

ACC

PAC12

and usf isnt in any of these conferences and would do anything to get in any of them

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,335

20 hours ago, BDYZR said:

The only thing that could be worse and more comical if CJs got a violation for practicing too much. We had the worse team I have ever seen on the field for team for two straight years. The lack of  game preparation like calling timeouts on 4th and 1 to run the same play, screams we need more practice!

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The only thing that could be worse and more comical if CJs got a violation for practicing too much. We had the worse team I have ever seen on the field for team for two straight years. The lack of  game preparation like calling timeouts on 4th and 1 to run the same play, screams we need more practice!

USF did get a violation for that, you know. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz

An investigation found non-coaching staff members participated impermissibly during practice and off-field activities.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,552
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

eyeroll.gif.84fd0ddd553075600f00fe19ee579042.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,335

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

USF did get a violation for that, you know. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz

An investigation found non-coaching staff members participated impermissibly during practice and off-field activities.

Under strong  not the beloved cjs