• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Just to have some fun, especially while watching all these bowl games, and because the holidays are a time for hope and wishful thinking. If we do in fact get a call up to the Big 12 I would love for the Big 12 to go huge! I've seen mention of the Big 12 going as big as 24 which sounds crazy at first but the more I think about it the more I like it. There are some teams I would love to be in a conference with (both for travel and competition).

My dream vision

West Division

1. SDSU - (Great travel destination and competitive program)                   

2. Boise State - Obvious competitive program                                         

3. Colorado State - Travel destination and program has invested in athletics.

4. Air Force - Travel, military, and good rival for CSU, Army. and Navy.       

5. Utah State - good BYU rival.         

6. BYU

North Division 

1. Iowa State,

2. Kansas,

3. Kansas state,

4. Memphis,

5. UC

6. NIU - Only because we need another team in the north and they have had some success, also new market.

South Division 

1. TCU,

2. Houston,

3. SMU,

4. TTU,

5. Baylor,

6. OK State

East Division 

1. Army - I would love to be in the same conference as all the military academies (viewership, history, gameday experience)   

2. Navy - same as Army and Air Force.

3. USF.                                             

4. UCF.                                           

5. WVU.                                           

6. UAB - Just because we need another team in the division and they are the best option competition wise, also new market

Of course none of this will happen and is just for $#!+s and giggles so don't poo all over it.  Just would be really fun and create a force among the other conferences in terms of numbers and competition while crippling the conferences beneath leaving little room for other conferences to grow.  

In a perfect world.....

Edited by Sean Phillips

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Sean Phillips said:

Just to have some fun, especially while watching all these bowl games, and because the holidays are a time for hope and wishful thinking. If we do in fact get a call up to the Big 12 I would love for the Big 12 to go huge! I've seen mention of the Big 12 going as big as 24 which sounds crazy at first but the more I think about it the more I like it. There are some teams I would love to be in a conference with (both for travel and competition).

My dream vision

West Division

6. BYU

North Division 

1. Iowa State,

2. Kansas,

3. Kansas state,

4. Memphis,

5. UC

6. NIU - Only because we need another team in the north and they have had some success, also new market.

South Division 

1. TCU,

2. Houston,

3. SMU,

4. TTU,

5. Baylor,

6. OK State

East Division 

1. Army - I would love to be in the same conference as all the military academies (viewership, history, gameday experience)   

3. USF.                                             

4. UCF.                                           

5. WVU.                                           

6. UAB - Just because we need another team in the division and they are the best option competition wise, also new market

Of course none of this will happen and is just for $#!+s and giggles so don't poo all over it.  Just would be really fun and create a force among the other conferences in terms of numbers and competition while crippling the conferences beneath leaving little room for other conferences to grow.  

In a perfect world.....

Maybe a perfect world but that would be an unimpressive conference in terms of “moving up” and scope. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, Sean Phillips said:

My dream vision

West Division

6. BYU

North Division 

1. Iowa State,

2. Kansas,

3. Kansas state,

4. Memphis,

5. UC

South Division 

1. TCU,

2. Houston,

3. SMU,

4. TTU,

5. Baylor,

6. OK State

East Division 

3. USF.                                             

4. UCF.                                           

5. WVU.                                           

In a perfect world.....

IMO Big 12 misses the boat every day on the opportunity to build a national conference, coast to coast, with a bias to urban population centers. I still stand by my opinion that USF should not sell out to the Big 12 without understanding what it's options would look like assuming you have an OCS planned/in-place and demonstrate bowl-quality product (e.g., would ACC or Big 10 be interested, or indicate that some dominos may fall that would create further opportunity?) There's a rumor/theory that we are in contact w/ the Big 12 and basically agreed that the first 4 they took were a phase 1, and we/Memphis/etc needed some time to get our own house in order... so I don't know, I am not worried about it. I also don't mind just hanging in CUSA 2.0 for a year or 2 and getting some hardware in this world first as some prep. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, hm101 said:

IMO Big 12 misses the boat every day on the opportunity to build a national conference, coast to coast, with a bias to urban population centers. I still stand by my opinion that USF should not sell out to the Big 12 without understanding what it's options would look like assuming you have an OCS planned/in-place and demonstrate bowl-quality product (e.g., would ACC or Big 10 be interested, or indicate that some dominos may fall that would create further opportunity?) There's a rumor/theory that we are in contact w/ the Big 12 and basically agreed that the first 4 they took were a phase 1, and we/Memphis/etc needed some time to get our own house in order... so I don't know, I am not worried about it. I also don't mind just hanging in CUSA 2.0 for a year or 2 and getting some hardware in this world first as some prep. 

I’ve heard that rumor as well. Hope it is true. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Good thing all rumors usually end up being true.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, hm101 said:

They have no reason to expand again. We missed our chance and should move down to fcs, or shut down altogether. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Well they, UCF , actually plays and believes they are a better conference and team than the state. Fu@$ing sobering. We are now trying to be like Ucf….  Only one way t go from here.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

53 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

They have no reason to expand again. We missed our chance and should move down to fcs, or shut down altogether. 

**** you, it is never over until it is over.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

11 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

The Big 12 has said publicly they are not done expanding. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Go Bulls! 1