• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36155333013_e2be99759e_k.jpg

Here's what this league could look like.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I am curious, in the past, the draw was tv sets. Bring them in a geography that you want and don't have, and you are desirable. What now? Some of the AAC school have good to very good academics, others not so much. Some large enrollment, others are small. 

I guess the primary driver is money. How can expansion be spun to re negotiate the TV deals. The ACC needs a much better deal but with 2 AAC teams in Fl, the Florida teams are unlikely to be joining, maybe Cinci? 

I do think the Big 12 will move quickly, so the wait to see the first moves will not be a long one IMO.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

58 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I am curious, in the past, the draw was tv sets. Bring them in a geography that you want and don't have, and you are desirable. What now? Some of the AAC school have good to very good academics, others not so much. Some large enrollment, others are small. 

I guess the primary driver is money. How can expansion be spun to re negotiate the TV deals. The ACC needs a much better deal but with 2 AAC teams in Fl, the Florida teams are unlikely to be joining, maybe Cinci? 

I do think the Big 12 will move quickly, so the wait to see the first moves will not be a long one IMO.

My thoughts as well. Academically, the best fit for USF is either the ACC or B1G. But unless FSU bolts to the SEC with this rumored 20 team super conference there is no chance the ACC adds any more teams from Florida, and geography along with our youth blocks us from the B1G. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

My thoughts as well. Academically, the best fit for USF is either the ACC or B1G. But unless FSU bolts to the SEC with this rumored 20 team super conference there is no chance the ACC adds any more teams from Florida, and geography along with our youth blocks us from the B1G. 

The youth thing may not be as powerful as before, this is about survival so I think many of the previous "walls" will be much shorter. Just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

1 minute ago, footnfan1 said:

The youth thing may not be as powerful as before, this is about survival so I think many of the previous "walls" will be much shorter. Just my opinion.

Let's hope so

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

I don't understand why the remaining Big 12 members go on the offensive.  Make a product that people will watch.   Capture the media market for Florida by taking USF and UCF.    Bring in SMU, Houston to the conference.  Now, you have 4 or 5 Texas schools.  Really depends if TCU stays.   USF break ground on the indoor facility, now is the time to show you are in growth mode.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Here is an article that mentions the Big 10 not prioritizing AAU membership anymore. Apparently they would take OK State even though they are no where close to AAU status.

fbb4e13e440ef78a1958f18692837190

Could Oklahoma State be the next Big Ten member?

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

If OSU leaves then the whole idea of adding members to the Big 12 fails.  Bullsfan27 linking that article communicates that others are looking to leave as well.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

@wesleywillisBen Affleck Movie GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

flashing the wesley willis signal, should we still be hopeful?