• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Cincy: locked

Houston: a lot of talk & hot air backs them but do they really offer anything other than a spurt of decent football? [maybe all the hot air gets them in. Fine.] 80% for the first two selected.

Memphis: Nothing special, just fedex on their side. No way they get selected over Houston.

BYU: Good football, strong following, big athletics budget. But it's 2,000 miles from WVU. [No Sundays, partial membership? Too far from WVU. Too many complications.]

USF

ucf

Uconn: they will never have strong football. B12 already has good bball. It's 2,000 miles from the Texas schools. [Texas schools won't approve them. Too far. Weak football.]

Colorado State: nothing special. 1,500 miles from Morgantown, WV. [Too far for WVU, and will create another island.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my prediction:

Scenario 1: Cincy & Houston, USF & ucf

Scenario 2: Cincy & Houston, Memphis & BYU (football only)

* No way do they go with either Florida school. Doesn't make sense to create an island. Both schools or none.

* The deciding factory, after the first two schools are selected, is the potential of the two Florida schools versus say a BYU and another school.

* I think the Florida schools win out. It doesn't make sense to ignore these two schools.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

His #4 candidate doesn't have an OCS either .... plus, he's a Gator so how smart can he really be.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

if the OCS is the only thing holding us up from joining, we'd be announcing one yesterday

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

This is entertaining.   I'm in the "we're in this together" camp which leads me to keep up on this thread.   But I have to say...the "I disagree that UCF is a better candidate" is perfectly valid.   The "I can't comprehend that UCF could he viewed as a better candidate" is sort of crazy.   Even if it wasn't the more common observation by unbiased people and groups...I just don't know how you can be that detached from reality.   

You were doing great until the last sentence, unless it's poorly written. The ONLY reason that the "I can't comprehend that UCF could he viewed as a better candidate" is sort of crazy is because that it is the more common observation of unbiased people and groups .... there is no other reality to be detached from.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm only sharing this in this forum because the UCFer who started this on their board "didn't want it shared", but I thought this was pretty good:

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/update-we-are-in-b12.39403/

Disclaimer: My friend who told me this made it clear it's not public knowledge, so please don't spread this out of the forum. 

I have a buddy who works in UCF marketing design. They just got an order from high up to design a new shirt with "UCFinally in the P5" with the UCF logo and the B12 logo on bottom. They want these done asap so we can have shirts by 3pm Friday. They are pretty confident but told to keep it secret - please don't spread.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

That is great if on the back it says  USF and UCF together forever

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

When I want to keep a secret I post it on a forum on the internet and tell people not to share it. I also put a condom on after sex.

Edited by ToroDeFuego
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

30 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm only sharing this in this forum because the UCFer who started this on their board "didn't want it shared", but I thought this was pretty good:

And first reply ahahaha

""Is this like the Superbowl where everyone has shirts made and the losing team's shirts are all sent to Africa? There's gonna be a bunch of "UConn't Believe We're P5!" and "Houston We Have An Invite!" t-shirts floating around the Congo soon.""

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

40 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I don't want to live in that world.