• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Attendence

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

don't know how an OCS changes the narrative that much

probably doesn't short term, but it's the long term implications

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Sat with some friends that I used to tailgate with and sit with at every game ... or at least try since my tickets back in the day weren't with them and many games we couldn't just sit with them.  Well today there were plenty of seats around them and have been for the last several years.    Way back when there were 25-30 people sitting there together (and we'd have even more at the tail gate).   Some dropped off just in general due to attrition.  But now there are 8-10 still around.  I only saw 4 of them today and 3 barely.  The rest were in the A/C the rest of the time along with those 3 because "it was too hot to watch this ****".  They told me this was it.  They've been season ticket holders since the beginning or **** near and the last 8-10 are done after this year.  "Can't justify coming out each week to watch bad football against bad teams".  So they plan to go to a couple of games a year "probably" with single game tickets.

This is what the administration did when they fired CJL and decided to minimize the football program while using it to raise millions for the university with minimal reinvestment into the program itself.   We might as well move into Corbett .. seriously

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Sat with some friends that I used to tailgate with and sit with at every game ... or at least try since my tickets back in the day weren't with them and many games we couldn't just sit with them.  Well today there were plenty of seats around them and have been for the last several years.    Way back when there were 25-30 people sitting there together (and we'd have even more at the tail gate).   Some dropped off just in general due to attrition.  But now there are 8-10 still around.  I only saw 4 of them today and 3 barely.  The rest were in the A/C the rest of the time along with those 3 because "it was too hot to watch this ****".  They told me this was it.  They've been season ticket holders since the beginning or **** near and the last 8-10 are done after this year.  "Can't justify coming out each week to watch bad football against bad teams".  So they plan to go to a couple of games a year "probably" with single game tickets.

This is what the administration did when they fired CJL and decided to minimize the football program while using it to raise millions for the university with minimal reinvestment into the program itself.   We might as well move into Corbett .. seriously

We used to have a group of 16 and all sat together. We are down to 7 now. Most games just aren’t a lot of fun anymore. I’ve thought about not renewing and going to a couple away games. I actually have more fun now at away games. At least I get a vacation out of it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We used to have a group of 16 and all sat together. We are down to 7 now. Most games just aren’t a lot of fun anymore. I’ve thought about not renewing and going to a couple away games. I actually have more fun now at away games. At least I get a vacation out of it. 

We used to have a group of 10. The other 8 don’t go anymore and my husband is physically unable to go and we had been there since day 1. Our sons went from Year 2  and we had their tickets until they went to USF and satin the student section  

Edited by snarling Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

As for attendance, NEB and I were guessing 3k at kickoff.  Maybe more filtered in. You can literally count the people sitting in front of us and there are 100 or so in a section at midfield.  

Really don't know what to do about tix next year.  We've had 8 but are down to 6.  Tailgates early in the year are a crapshoot between heat and T-storms.  I've given up MBB tix in the past and came back after a couple of years. May just do the same for football.  Or maybe just buy 2 for us and switch off with our daughter and son-in-law. Since this year was carried over from last year it almost feels like a free year.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

16 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Unfortunately I don’t think we’ve hit it. I don’t see CJS getting us back to respectability. Really hope I’m wrong

he will in 2 years

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

16 hours ago, bcgruber said:

don't know how an OCS changes the narrative that much

No it just means we are either in and trying to get back in the game or content to rot away and eventually move down.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

No it just means we are either in and trying to get back in the game or content to rot away and eventually move down.

Who we play and how we play has way more to do with rotting away than where we play. CJS could be coaching us against Tulane in my back yard and at this point the only reason I’d go out there would be to ask them to keep it down.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who we play and how we play has way more to do with rotting away than where we play. CJS could be coaching us against Tulane in my back yard and at this point the only reason I’d go out there would be to ask them to keep it down.

To be honest, I'd watch us play anybody in my backyard.  Walk right out on the back porch with a beverage....yeah.  But that's not reality either.

You will likely NEVER be pleased.  It's probably best you give it up altogether.  I have agreed with you for years about the AAC and other things.  But if you somehow believe we are going to leave this spot we're in and magically join the SEC/P4 any time soon, sorry.  You'll just be stuck having to re-use old material time and time again to voice your dismay.  The options and possibilities this program may have had 15 years ago have evaporated.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

To be honest, I'd watch us play anybody in my backyard.  Walk right out on the back porch with a beverage....yeah.  But that's not reality either.

You will likely NEVER be pleased.  It's probably best you give it up altogether.  I have agreed with you for years about the AAC and other things.  But if you somehow believe we are going to leave this spot we're in and magically join the SEC/P4 any time soon, sorry.  You'll just be stuck having to re-use old material time and time again to voice your dismay.  The options and possibilities this program may have had 15 years ago have evaporated.

You are probably right, it’s probably best that this is where I get off. I’ve just been sticking it out from a sense of duty or loyalty or wanting to believe this would all be worth it someday but I wouldn’t be able to come up with the last time it brought me any sense of enjoyment and I know that if not for your efforts I would be long gone. It just makes me sad because if CJL were coaching us against WVU or Louisville on the moon I would start building a rocket this afternoon, but to your point those days are long gone.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask to occasionally win a game or to use the giant head start you had to get into the B12 if UCF and Houston can do it but it’s probably too much for these people. VPMK and CJS are a recipe for failure and sound and act like any failing cooperate shells I’ve ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. My frustration and growing anger isn’t helping anything and probably isn’t extremely healthy.

USF means something to me and their systematic failure has destroyed that, I’ve already spent most of my USF budget on a vacation this coming November and have just bought some tickets to a couple of games while watching it on TV. I don’t imagine a time when i wouldn’t at least watch on TV but I just can’t make the dedication to something that I don’t think gives back anything that makes it feel worth it.

If you want to delete me I get it and I’m not mad but I don’t trust myself not to come here and post at least as I’m watching something or after something happens but it’s probably in everyone’s best interest that I don’t. Thanks for the memories Bulliever, there were some good times and despite what I’ve become I used to be pretty positive around here and that’s how I know that dealing with this isn’t enjoyable or fair to the masses. Maybe we get to a brighter future and I can be a positive force again, who knows.

• Crying 1