• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do we recruit….

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Its not the coaches fault someone offered them a job and they took it. Its on the ADs that hired crap coaches.

Im not buying the ray jay thing anymore. Our bland boring environment confirms it.

The problem is the product we are offering not the place we are offering it, this would be a empty and suck at the swamp, it would be empty and suck in Tuscaloosa and it would be empty and suck at Death Valley.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

That’s why CJS is only signing four players right now, you can’t recruit bad players if you don’t sign anyone. We are so lucky.

16784526.jpg

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The question is how could they recruit before this point? At least now we have and IPF and potentially a stadium at some point.

He's had one covid season and hes a bust lol. Have some realistic expectations.

Uh... we're not actually going to build a stadium any time soon... I know its been a fun distraction the last week or two, but I've been attached to USF and USF football for long enough to know it ain't happening before my 8 year old goes to college. So, where should I set my recruiting expectations if we're hitching them to this stadium?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Uh... we're not actually going to build a stadium any time soon... I know its been a fun distraction the last week or two, but I've been attached to USF and USF football for long enough to know it ain't happening before my 8 year old goes to college. So, where should I set my recruiting expectations if we're hitching them to this stadium?

Well any year that anyone has Covid doesn’t count as a year for CJS so it should probably be his first year right about then.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

That's why I said potentially. The allure of one could help for a couple seasons.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

That's why I said potentially. The allure of one could help for a couple seasons.

Its also a sad point to make bc of how bad the admin has been holding on to jimbos accomplishments.

Something something about its better to have loved and lost then to have never been. We are that school.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart was the perfect coach for USF at the G5 level.

Sold them on twitter and #Dosomething while hyping being a cool ass dude.

CJS is a dweeb who can't recruit a defensive player to save his life.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think his strategy is to rely on the portal for defensive players. Doesn’t make much sense, but perhaps that’s his approach. Trying to find immediate impact players

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think his strategy is to rely on the portal for defensive players. Doesn’t make much sense, but perhaps that’s his approach. Trying to find immediate impact players

I am sure they went after these players last year. But many said no. Might be a little easier with athletics “finally” building something on campus. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Going to be harder to recruit now that there are thee levels for top players to consider.  I think the coach plays a much bigger role in recruiting than facilities.  And, as has been pointed out multiple times, it’s what you do with players once they’re here.  Leavitt put a lot of players in the NFL with no facilities and not a large sequence of cute little stars around their names.