• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do we recruit….

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

8 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think his strategy is to rely on the portal for defensive players. Doesn’t make much sense, but perhaps that’s his approach. Trying to find immediate impact players

It made sense for SMU to rely on it for their offense. Only time will tell if whatever strategy CJS has had to go to works ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Further compounding the problem is the golden showers will get first dibs on many players because of the conference alignment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

It made sense for SMU to rely on it for their offense. Only time will tell if whatever strategy CJS has had to go to works ...

There's a lot of talented players with 3/4 years of eligibility remaining who could help this defense if the players and coaches could agree to a transfer

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

How do we recruit?  Based on our record, not very well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, Cornada said:

How do we recruit?  Based on our record, not very well.

As others have stated, this can work to our advantage as they will see playing time quickly. Worked for Timmy.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

As others have stated, this can work to our advantage as they will see playing time quickly. Worked for Timmy.

That’s how Willie did it as well

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

We hit the transfer portal hard. People hate it, but players don't have to sit a year anymore. It is pretty much free agency. We need to replace and add at least 5-6 D-linemen for next year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,553

On 10/2/2021 at 9:55 PM, puc86 said:

More recruits would rather play at Ray Jay than an OCS that’s a selling point to fans, our recruiting has sucked because we have hired sucky coaches with no vision or passion and as they constantly turn and switch direction they need new recruits to fit their bad system of failure only to get rid of all them to bring in the next failed loser that needs entirely different players to lose properly with.

What if we build the OCS, and whenever the OCS sells out, we can rent Ray Jay and the extra seats are slightly up charged?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Immediate playing time can be a huge carrot to wave in front of a kid. Also, like CJL did, hopefully we can extend offers to some diamonds in the rough that other schools pass over and develop them (but this would require solid coaching from HC on down).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,407

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We hit the transfer portal hard. People hate it, but players don't have to sit a year anymore. It is pretty much free agency. We need to replace and add at least 5-6 D-linemen for next year. 

I think this is why you see a bunch of QBs on the recruiting board. Hell, if all our QBs think they can start somewhere and transfer out, we need incoming recruits to fill in.  I see this being more common at the QB position.