• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU Head Coach Kalani Sitake on South Florida

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,412
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Brad said:

On USF
USF is well-coached, he’s got tons of experience as a Co-OC and assistant at Clemson. He’s been a big part of the culture that they built there and he is trying to do the same thing at USF. We’ve seen the film, a lot of athleticism, a lot of speed, so we’re focusing our mindsets on getting that game and making sure we’re performing our best this weekend.

I’ve been happy with the leadership and their improvement. We need to see a lot of improvement, and that’s both on the players and coaches. I do need to see improvements in a lot of different areas. I was really impressed with the improvements from week two to week three, but we’ve got to make a bigger jump.

We know the game, we know the personnel, a little bit different scheme from them, but we see the athleticism, the speed and the talent on their team. We need to make sure we’re ready to do our best and keep our focus on these guys.

On who will fill in for Keenan Pili
It’s not just going to be Ben Bywater, there’s going to be a bunch of guys that we’re going to need playing against a high tempo, no-huddle team like USF. We’re going to need more than just the 11 starters on defense, we’re going to have to dip into the depth.

Ben is one of the guys that we are going to fill in that we feel really comfortable with, but we feel good about that whole entire group. We’re going to move it around and figure it out in the next few days.

On overcoming the loss against USF in Tampa in 2019
Sticking to our identity and our belief system, staying the course. Keep emphasizing our strengths, what our identity, our program is all about and keep focusing on our culture.

Be proud of what you do and who you do it for. I see young men and their coaches really buying into what we do. Right now our focus is week-to-week and on USF. But it’s been really cool to see what has happened over the past few years.

I wonder if he is watching the same team. USF is WELLCOACHED is one of the biggest mind explosions I have heard in a while. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

10 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I wonder if he was trying not to laugh when he mentioned how good of a coach Jeff Scott is.

Not defending our performance since coach Scott arrived, but I've started seeing a lot of Clemson fans complain that their offense has been in constant decline since he left. Makes me weirdly optimistic just for the fact that he likely was actually contributing to a big part of their success, and wasn't just an assistant riding coattails. 

Really hope we can beat someone we aren't supposed to soon just for some verification we're on the right track.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Not defending our performance since coach Scott arrived, but I've started seeing a lot of Clemson fans complain that their offense has been in constant decline since he left. Makes me weirdly optimistic just for the fact that he likely was actually contributing to a big part of their success, and wasn't just an assistant riding coattails. 

Really hope we can beat someone we aren't supposed to soon just for some verification we're on the right track.

When Dabo gets canned at the end of the year he can come here at Scott's assistant.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

byu is very beatable 

usf can beat this team

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

BYU is a solid team that knows how to win...we dont know how to win and close out games yet. 

Be a great time for offense to have a Syracuse moment and start clicking. But just his 2nd start I dont see that happening yet for McClain. 

If we just look better as a team than first 2 games I'll be happy win or lose. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I hope his leg is healthy so he can move enough to avoid being crushed.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

The team is actually well coached.. talent and experience just isn't there yet...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

To put them off their game I think our team should go ring the doorbells of all their players and coaches really, really early Saturday morning.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

48 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Really?   They averaged around 40 points a game last year and Lawrence threw for over 3K last season.  They were outscored in the semifinal game last year.   They did get stifled by UGA to open this year, but pounded their patsy last week by a score of 49-3

It's obvious we have different definitions of "constant decline" down here in Florida.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Really?   They averaged around 40 points a game last year and Lawrence threw for over 3K last season.  They were outscored in the semifinal game last year.   They did get stifled by UGA to open this year, but pounded their patsy last week by a score of 49-3

It's obvious we have different definitions of "constant decline" down here in Florida.

scored 49 last week against an FCS team sure, but this past weekend they only scored 14 against a Georgia Tech team that isn't that good and let up more to Northern Illinois and Kennesaw State