• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU Head Coach Kalani Sitake on South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is a 2 year mission but you know that,  I know you have it out for the religions however you really seem to dislike these guys, did you get jumped by a bunch of Mormons as a kid, what gives?

Nah, I don't have it out for them...I know no one associated with that religion. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, kccougar said:

To answer a couple questions:

No, BYU doesn't play on Sundays (and won't in the new B12 either).  Saturday nights don't count :)

The only people distracted by rumors of Sitake leaving for USC are media guys looking for eyeballs on Twitter.

Baylor Romney is BYU's backup QB and could start Saturday for a banged up Jaren Hall. Romney did graduate from high school in 2015. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2016 and 2017 before college so he enrolled as a freshman for the 2018 season, during which he redshirted. He played in 4 games during 2019, starting 2 of them. He relieved Zach Wilson in 7 games during his sophomore year in 2020, and due to covid craziness, he comes into the 2021 season as a sophomore again.

Imagine Sam Darnold still playing college ball and only being a sophomore....both were part of the 2015 class. 

1 hour ago, kccougar said:

Can I say that BYU is for real but that I don't expect a 23-pt win?

Having attended each of BYU's games so far this season, I can tell you that they have all gone about the same way.  BYU has controlled each game, despite an opponent push (or BYU lull) in the 3rd/4th quarter. BYU hasn't trailed at any point in the first 3 games. That being said, BYU has scored 27, 26, and 24 points over those 3 games so I have a hard time believing in a 23.5-point line.

BYU's defense is the best it has been in several years (we did lose our defensive captain and leading tackler). BYU's offense has not been as explosive this season as it was last season, but Hall is only on his 5th start and as our coaches have pointed out, none of the defenses BYU played last year were in the same league as what ASU and Utah put on the field. AZ with a new staff and new roster was just a complete unknown to start the year.

So, in my opinion, BYU is good and will get better. They haven't played their best football yet. I think BYU will win, but USF likely will cover the spread.

Our defense may make a believer out of you just yet! 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

21 hours ago, kccougar said:

To answer a couple questions:

No, BYU doesn't play on Sundays (and won't in the new B12 either).  Saturday nights don't count :)

The only people distracted by rumors of Sitake leaving for USC are media guys looking for eyeballs on Twitter.

Baylor Romney is BYU's backup QB and could start Saturday for a banged up Jaren Hall. Romney did graduate from high school in 2015. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2016 and 2017 before college so he enrolled as a freshman for the 2018 season, during which he redshirted. He played in 4 games during 2019, starting 2 of them. He relieved Zach Wilson in 7 games during his sophomore year in 2020, and due to covid craziness, he comes into the 2021 season as a sophomore again.

Thanks for stopping by and posting in such an informative and classy manner.  Good luck to all and I hope for an injury free game.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:31 AM, DJBulls said:

The team is actually well coached.. talent and experience just isn't there yet...

Yep

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for a good game, USF and fans. I didn't expect BYU to cover the spread in this game, and USF did even better than I thought they would. Hard to climb out of a 0-21 hole, so credit to the players and coaches.

McClain is going to be a good quarterback. He showed excellent poise for a player as young as he is. While I think he was sometimes unsure of where to go with his passes (through a combination of inexperience and good coverage), he was always patient and did not force anything. He kept plays alive with his roll outs, and he was accurate when passing on the run.  Of course, he's also fast.

Good luck the rest of the season.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, kccougar said:

Thanks for a good game, USF and fans. I didn't expect BYU to cover the spread in this game, and USF did even better than I thought they would. Hard to climb out of a 0-21 hole, so credit to the players and coaches.

McClain is going to be a good quarterback. He showed excellent poise for a player as young as he is. While I think he was sometimes unsure of where to go with his passes (through a combination of inexperience and good coverage), he was always patient and did not force anything. He kept plays alive with his roll outs, and he was accurate when passing on the run.  Of course, he's also fast.

Good luck the rest of the season.

All of your observations are fair. BYU plays well and manages the game. Romney is really an accurate passer. I know that Hall adds a mobility element to things, but this game may have created a QB controversy in Provo. Will be interesting to see if you guys are playing for an undefeated season against USC on November 27. You have the talent and coaching, but I think the injuries may be piling up on the defensive side of the ball. Boise and Baylor in back-to-back games will be tough. I think you will get past Boise, but Baylor will edge you out. Good luck the rest of the season. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Nah, I don't have it out for them...I know no one associated with that religion. 

Beware of Buddhist's their lineman are animals..and their humming at the line of scrimmage is very distracting...hope we never schedule Naropa University...You'd really be ticked at that one..:thumbsup: