• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Its 2 games into year 2....let's see how things pan out if we win 3+ games its improvement...not big improvement but it is still improvement.  In year 3 hopefully we are seeing 6+ wins...if we are still floundering with 3 or so wins...the guy needs to be fired.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/11/2021 at 7:24 AM, puc86 said:

I don’t hate anything and I am giving no one credit I am saying that people that have no plans for success rely on empty phrases they cannot make materialize themselves. This sounds a lot like CCS’ approach to dealing with our football problem, it wasn’t a solution and it didn’t materialize into anything more than words. Saying something abstract isn’t a plan and just saying stuff isn’t a positive. There isn’t a devil but if there was this would probably be his suggestion on how we improve our problems because it involves not actually doing anything to improve ourselves and simply hoping that one day in the distant future something will change rather than an immediate course correction and self reflection.

21 hours ago, puc86 said:

They are the devil as far as I am concerned, my life would be significantly improved without them

Holy crap guys Amazon isn't real 😱

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Holy crap guys Amazon isn't real 😱

I picked that word for you

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Amazon rules! I buy everything from them. For me it’s all about saving $, of a competitor can’t match they need to find another competitive advantage. It’s called capitalism. Sink or swim baby. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazon rules! I buy everything from them. For me it’s all about saving $, of a competitor can’t match they need to find another competitive advantage. It’s called capitalism. Sink or swim baby. 

My complaint is not in what is required to business against them it’s in what doing business with them looks like. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Its 2 games into year 2....let's see how things pan out if we win 3+ games its improvement...not big improvement but it is still improvement.  In year 3 hopefully we are seeing 6+ wins...if we are still floundering with 3 or so wins...the guy needs to be fired.

Yeah, if we win 3 games this year and Houston, Cincy and UCF pay extra and get outta dodge early and aren't on the schedule next year then we better win at least 6 games or Scott has to go.    

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, jg233 said:

Yeah, if we win 3 games this year and Houston, Cincy and UCF pay extra and get outta dodge early and aren't on the schedule next year then we better win at least 6 games or Scott has to go.    

Should USF put in their notice that we will be leaving in 27+ months? Then we don't have to pay the exit fee?

14 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Should USF put in their notice that we will be leaving in 27+ months? Then we don't have to pay the exit fee?

No the $10 million is for proper notice as required by the contract the improper notice is not contracted but everything in life is negotiable 

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Jeezus you are dense at times. I'm pretty sure his goal is winning. Winning didn't happen with Amazon for a decade or more.  No more time on this. Just show some patience.  If after 3 years he needs to go, he'll go. We start off this season with 3 out of 4 games most of us knew we were going to lose.  I'm not happy but we'll see how this season plays out.

I think the point is that sometimes people maybe going for different goals than what would be the common conception of what their goal should be, I think that is more likely to be possible in a more complex business perspective. CJS isn’t running the business, he is operations and operations KPIs are usually pretty clear and obvious and when you get on the right track you can see the results right away just as they are also obvious when you aren’t.

13 hours ago, hm101 said:

As much as I disagree with puc I can't say I don't get it and he doesn't have some good points. At some level, you have to win football games. And as a passionate Bulls fan, I just hate losing. So I get it. 

I'll give puc this: even if a coach is new, USF as an institution should be more stable than any 1 coach. That was an EXPLICIT criteria for the big 12. Winning seasons under multiple coaches. If the institution, culture etc is stable and on a broader trajectory no coach has to reinvent any wheels. So I get the frustration. I just have to for my own sanity be willing to forgive and look forward. No one wins if I am spiteful. 

Thanks for the understanding. I think when you are a head football coach things are pretty universally measured in wins and losses and the quicker you get to winning the better off that balance becomes for you. Our issue is CWT managed to lose a bunch I’m trying to do things the Harbaugh way and would have been unceremoniously fired had he not pivoted from his plan. That does not mean that failing is a necessary part of getting to success it means picking a winning plan for your situation and executing on that will get success. Also CWT showed tremendous gains in his recruiting efforts that made that transition more successful, to date CJS has not demonstrated that and it looks like things just got a bit harder for him on that front.