• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Amazon stock price:

1/21/99 - $53

1/2/04 - $51.90

Next idea?  

I'm too lazy to check how many times AMZN stock split since 2004 but am guessing that purchasing of 10,000 shares in 2004 which could've been done with 250K in a stock margin account would be worth over 250 mil today and would buy us a stadium free and clear.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, pascobull said:

I'm too lazy to check how many times AMZN stock split since 2004 but am guessing that purchasing of 10,000 shares in 2004 which could've been done with 250K in a stock margin account would be worth over 250 mil today and would buy us a stadium free and clear.

Thanks I forgot to touch on the early splits after the IPO of $18 so between 1997 and 1999 that $18 went from $18 to $636 which is an awful lot of do whatever you would like money, which they decided to focus exclusively on growth and acquisition 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I had a good time visiting with friends at the Bulls game yesterday and then returned home to a lovely (almost) fall day in NC so, even for those reasons alone, I feel pretty good. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Thanks I forgot to touch on the early splits after the IPO of $18 so between 1997 and 1999 that $18 went from $18 to $636 which is an awful lot of do whatever you would like money, which they decided to focus exclusively on growth and acquisition 

So you are a results guy when the time frame fits your argument.  I've got that already. 

39 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So you are a results guy when the time frame fits your argument.  I've got that already. 

I don’t recall ever saying that I thought that was a success period for them, you brought it up and I said they were probably aiming for another goal which they seemed to achieve. With the benefit of knowing how the story ends I can now say they were obviously right but if you asked me at the time I would have said that was a dumb strategy and no company goes out of business turning a profit.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I don’t recall ever saying that I thought that was a success period for them, you brought it up and I said they were probably aiming for another goal which they seemed to achieve. With the benefit of knowing how the story ends I can now say they were obviously right but if you asked me at the time I would have said that was a dumb strategy and no company goes out of business turning a profit.

No. You said you were a results oriented guy. That's what started this. I pointed out that Amazon had no results for 5 years. Jeff Scott has no results in 9 or 10 games. That's it. 

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

No. You said you were a results oriented guy. That's what started this. I pointed out that Amazon had no results for 5 years. Jeff Scott has no results in 9 or 10 games. That's it. 

But where did you get the idea that I thought Amazon was delivering results by my measure during that period? I actually do think they were now based upon what I see they were trying to get results in but would not have seen it at that time. If CJS is trying to accomplish something greater than winning i would love to know what that thing is because I really don’t see it. He seems confused and directionless and I think that reflects in all parts of the program. It’s never too early to begin measuring results but it can sometimes be too late. I don’t want him to be fired and I don’t think that would make any sense but the only way to be sure you are going the right direction three years from now would be to start measuring and correcting today.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

but our business is football wins

Maybe it is actually educating student athletes and having them compete on the fields, courts or other venues.  

• Haha 1
  • ???? 1