• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Both

Now we are talking....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, Rizman said:

We got manhandled on the o-line and d-line. 

One area that I think bears recognizing is that in 2 games, we've only given up 2 sacks. The NCSU one was because of a bad snap and I don't recall the one yesterday although I remember a bad exchange but not sure that resulted in the sack.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

should be that a coach should be fairly judged after 3 years, maybe 4 in this case. Nobody knows at this point if CJS is the guy at this point and your micro analyzing is pretty comical ....

I firmly believe in life that success is a path and not an arch. It is something that can be measured and show to be directionally correct at all moments along the path. It is not an arch where until every part is built and the keystone drops in you have absolutely nothing. If CJS has a path for success now seems like a fine time for him to demonstrate it or I guess he can just go with your plan of miracling himself to success in year three which will then be called two because it didn’t happen then so deduct for Covid and you can’t have any success until you are graduating your own recruits.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

None of those DLine guys are from CJS. Yes we are undersized and bad tackling adds to the equation. The defense did better in second half but still UF got almost 300 yds in offense. Most where on big plays which we need to cut out.

BYU and SMU on the road we will be underdogs 

The lines were the most glaring difference to me too. UF going with Jones over Richardson (I was there my my UF family) is insanely puzzling. They start or play Richardson more we probably are not having this thread

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, Triple B said:

One area that I think bears recognizing is that in 2 games, we've only given up 2 sacks. The NCSU one was because of a bad snap and I don't recall the one yesterday although I remember a bad exchange but not sure that resulted in the sack.

It’s hard when your QBs are firing passes off or dumping down before routes develop. That’s part of our problem. Im excited for Timmy, but he’s very raw. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Okay, now you're confusing me. You said he'd be a "much more accurate and successful passer than Q", but now there's a caveat with that?

Always a caveat, I like to hedge my bets, that way I can claim I am never wrong, hopefully this clears it up.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Always a caveat, I like to hedge my bets, that way I can claim I am never wrong, hopefully this clears it up.  

You're an inspiration ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Stokes is not a good punter.

I was disapointed in his spot kicking abilities but he was definately told to kick every punt out of bounds. CJS must have seen something in our punt coverage or their kick returner that he didn't like.

But yea his punts were sailing out way early while the Aussie on the other side was kicking 50+.   

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

You're an inspiration ....

Thank you, probably the third time I have heard this today and it is still morning.  I am just trying to make the world a better place and it appears I am successful in this noble cause. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

LrdNorman was awarded the badge 'Dedicated' and 10 points.

How am I feeling today?  Inspired and hopeful.

We knew this wasn't going to be a winning season, but without some sort of hope, it's doom and gloom.  I don't post as much as I'd like, but always read everyone's opinions because they're important.

Do I want to exchange places with Jacksonville State?  Hell no.  We've beaten FSU before -- been there, done that and (literally) bought the t-shirt.

HOWEVER, none of these first four games count for our conference.  Let's win our own conference (or even a few games in our own conference) before we talk about the likes of competing with NC State, UF (bleh) and BYU.  We still have a whole slate of conference games to play with an offense that shows flashes of brilliance.  A defense that doesn't quit. A special teams field goal unit that doesn't scare the hell out of us with a chip shot, a punter that can place it inside the 20 and a kickoff that actually goes into the end zone. Our penalties are WAY down and we give up very few sacks.

Hopeful?  Yes.  We've seen plenty of ineptitude these past few years, but football seasons go in cycles.  I believe we are on an upswing.  I saw more fight in them yesterday than the past few seasons.  These kids (most of them anyway) want to be here.  Alumni football players that clamor to be a part of the action again -- for them to want to be on the sideline attests to the fact that they believe in the university and ditch us when they succeed.

Hopeful?  You **** right.  Anything other than hope is just ******** and moaning.  Noise.  Some love to wallow in it and others search for any blemish or wrongdoing.  Some enjoy blaming others and believe "the sky is falling."

I refuse to fault anyone.  Am I frustrated?  Yes.  Do I want the UNIVERSITY to succeed?  Absolutely.  Am I proud of my alma mater and rep them every chance I get?  I blatantly and boldly wear my USF gear everywhere (especially here in Orlando).  I motivate my students to go to USF and they have come back and thanked me for suggesting and motivating them to attend OUR university.  They didn't just grab a shirt off a Walmart rack and start rooting for other teams (looking at you OVIEDO).  They wanted to go there and loved going to the games.

Hopeful?  Hell yes.  Better days are ahead of us, boys...

Edited by LrdNorman
  • Like 1