• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The game was embarrassing because we had absolutely no business being on the field with them, we are too small and slow.  The positives is that Timmy looks like he can be Q esque.  I will learn nothing next week, we will roll FAMU, BYU will give us a glimpse and SMU will tell us if we will be competitive in the conference. I actually had no problem starting Cade, we were never going to win this game so why not bring The frosh in after the game is decided to build some confidence, maybe we feel like we got some momentum and take this into conf play in a few weeks.  I actually like what I saw today and feel like we will get better and our coaches can actually possibly coach. Who knows but I am seeing a glimmer of hope.

I was suprised at the push the oline got on their D Line, but it could be that UF D is bad.

It seemed like we have some speed at WR and RB. Also, that punt returner looked quick.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just watching the 2nd half, couldn't tell who the second string qb was. The one who threw 2 picks and the horrible throws to the endzone or the one who ran for the 80 yard td?

That was Jones, who they left in there. He has been there awhile seems like they just wanted to give him his time bc he waited it out at UF.

The entire crowd cheering 15 makes it pretty obvious hes gonna be the plus his play.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I was suprised at the push the oline got on their D Line, but it could be that UF D is bad.

It seemed like we have some speed at WR and RB. Also, that punt returner looked quick.

We have something I guess which I kinda knew (weaver, Felix etc…) but Timmy looked elusive, quick and a decent arm against a very good D.  I feel he has an upside similar to Q, better arm but not sure we will ever see  a Q that will ever be that elusive.  I know Faza has a man crush on CJS but I will think good thoughts and believe better days are on our horizon, beats the alternative.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

The part you are missing is why I’m the absolute hell was Fortin not onlY starting but continuing to play until it didn’t matter ? Florida took like 2 drives to figure out their mistake,

usf we stay the course because their is no recourse.

Florida sticking with Jones at QB over Richardson as long as they did wasn't all that brilliant either. It felt like the score could have been a lot worse for us if they stuck with Richardson. Whatever the case, I think we have the talent to do well in conference play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

19 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

That was Jones, who they left in there. He has been there awhile seems like they just wanted to give him his time bc he waited it out at UF.

The entire crowd cheering 15 makes it pretty obvious hes gonna be the plus his play.

Not sure where you're getting that from but Jones was the starter and per Mullen is still the starter and he played at least 3 series in the second half. Mullen didn't let up until late in the 4th ...... and the fact that the crowd was cheering for Richardson just cements that he is the 2nd string.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have something I guess which I kinda knew (weaver, Felix etc…) but Timmy looked elusive, quick and a decent arm against a very good D.  I feel he has an upside similar to Q, better arm but not sure we will ever see  a Q that will ever be that elusive.  I know Faza has a man crush on CJS but I will think good thoughts and believe better days are on our horizon, beats the alternative.

It has been stated numerous times on TBP that Q could throw a ball 70 yards in the air. A feat many Pro-Bowl QBs can't duplicate. Are you implying McClain has a better arm than current NFL All-Pro QBs?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

McClain has to be the starter . We need to run an uptempo offense with him.  Defense played better but is really small. We look like we can upset beat some American conference  teams. We are underdogs in every game except famu. We did better than I though on defense and the offense looked much better with McClain . I still don't think we are going to go .500, maybe squeak put 3 wins .we need to get, bigger, stronger,  and faster. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Sounds like the defense put pressure on the QB to force quick decisions in the first half, then switched to a zone in the 2nd and bottled things up.

hearing game plan stuff like that makes me think we were almost playing these games to learn about the team more so than to compete

I don't know.  There were pressure at times and other times not so much throughout I thought.

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It has been stated numerous times on TBP that Q could throw a ball 70 yards in the air. A feat many Pro-Bowl QBs can't duplicate. Are you implying McClain has a better arm than current NFL All-Pro QBs?

He did have a throw from around midfield, center of the field, that appeared to land just out of bounds around the 5 yard line or so.   Struck me as a pretty good toss albeit not accurate