• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

I was at this game, just got home. I enjoyed myself. My thoughts:

Stokes is not a good punter.

Defense made some good plays, but also missed important tackles and let some deep plays happen. Definitely undersized.

Offense looks better with Timmy at the helm. Please no more Cade, we need a mobile QB.

Seems like we our starting to find our identity. I feel better about conference play, but not good.

Overall, I had fun. It was nice to be in a stadium talking what little **** I could to UF fans.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I was at this game, just got home. I enjoyed myself. My thoughts:

Stokes is not a good punter.

Defense made some good plays, but also missed important tackles and let some deep plays happen. Definitely undersized.

Offense looks better with Timmy at the helm. Please no more Cade, we need a mobile QB.

Seems like we our starting to find our identity. I feel better about conference play, but not good.

Overall, I had fun. It was nice to be in a stadium talking what little **** I could to UF fans.

Stokes average over 50 yards last week, I think it was just a bad game but we will see. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Stokes average over 50 yards last week, I think it was just a bad game but we will see. 

I think he was trying to angle towards to sideline ... and his leg was probably getting tired

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think he was trying to angle towards to sideline ... and his leg was probably getting tired

True, he had three that were like that. He may be the most exhaustive punter in college football. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

McClain has to be the starter . We need to run an uptempo offense with him.  Defense played better but is really small. We look like we can upset some American conference  teams. We are underdogs in every game except famu. We did better than I though on defense and the offense looked much better with McClain . I still don't think we are going to go .500, maybe squeak put 3 wins .we need to get, bigger, stronger,  and faster. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Sounds like the defense put pressure on the QB to force quick decisions in the first half, then switched to a zone in the 2nd and bottled things up.

hearing game plan stuff like that makes me think we were almost playing these games to learn about the team more so than to compete

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

Salt in the wound. The TBT with rub. What is around with the Tampa media?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Yea especially since Mullen was going for it. When a coach punts on 4 and 3 down 20+ late in a game it proves they value moral victories...who cares if you fail at that point? UF had a 240 lb QB that easily ran 40+ on us...give him back the ball? Why?

Because we don't want to give their 240lb quartback a short field 🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I am happy with McClain.   He has to be the starter going forward.  He is mobile and he can actually make a down the field pass.

The offense was horrid in the first half, and the defense was not much better.  I do not know what Coach did in the locker room at halftime, but he woke up our defense.

I feel that Charlie Strong left him with a weak team, and unfortunately we will have another tough year, but I will be happy as long as we make progress.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

47 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Yea especially since Mullen was going for it. When a coach punts on 4 and 3 down 20+ late in a game it proves they value moral victories...who cares if you fail at that point? UF had a 240 lb QB that easily ran 40+ on us...give him back the ball? Why?

We weren’t and haven’t been playing to win. We knew it last week and it was the same this week. If you want to win you keep your best players on the field when it counts. The fact that Cade is in the QB conversation tells us we are still in next year will be better mode. Which is horse ****

Edited by Roaming Bull
  • Upvote 1