• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spot on article from TDS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, DC said:

So when it does, and it will, the university will be prepared to immediately address the public and allay their fears? What will the message be? My guess is the same old boiler plate. 

Knowing large orgs, this stuff has to be pretty coordinated and refined especially if there are politics going on behind the scenes.  It will be weird to have all the attention on Wednesday's event and not say anything.  If they defer with a political non-answer there, then I would guess there's more going on behind the scenes and they aren't aligned on a game plan yet.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

But…didn’t it kinda work? There’s nothing wrong with being blue collar and being willing to work for everything you earn. Hell, we started out in trailers!!!

We’re definitely the underdogs again (non-P5, major sports teams in the market, not even the most popular college team in our market, the list goes on…), so why not embrace it and look to build again?!

I think it worked.  Willie was a program/self promoting fool.  It got us back to relevance and competitiveness and it got him two big pay days.   For some reason people around here criticize this.  When he left we followed him with a dullard who couldn't wait to "slow us down" and now have Barney Fife at the helm.  That self promotion got ucf the call to the big boys table (at least for now) while we sit here and continue to poke fun of them and wallow in self pity (they deserve to be made fun of, but their plan worked for now)

Edited by chapelbull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Maybe like in those Selmon, Griffin years, USF will get leaders that Care and have a vision. Time will tell and it starts on who they choose as President

Yes it will start with the President.  I want to like Mike but he saw this coming and nothing really changed. Maybe he did and it was too late but we are stuck here fir the foreseeable future. We got what Genshaft wanted and UCF got what they wanted too. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Yes it will start with the President.  I want to like Mike but he saw this coming and nothing really changed. Maybe he did and it was too late but we are stuck here fir the foreseeable future. We got what Genshaft wanted and UCF got what they wanted too. 

I know you are frustrated and so am I, but nothing remains the same. I remember when we went to the BigEast and many acted like UCF was in our rear view mirror. They didn’t give up and neither should we. I think we will be with them sooner than you think but we do need a change in how our leaders view Athletics and Alumni.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I know you are frustrated and so am I, but nothing remains the same. I remember when we went to the BigEast and many acted like UCF was in our rear view mirror. They didn’t give up and neither should we. I think we will be with them sooner than you think but we do need a change in how our leaders view Athletics and Alumni.

They've endured three winless seasons in Oveido. We need a serious culture shift at USF and the new prez will have hands full.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Don't let the door hit ya Jamie.

We're in a bad rut now but it's mostly because of a bad HC hire in Strong that catered our program.

But it's happened before with Holtz and we got out of it (until Strong).

I'm sure that had Harlan hired either Lane Kiffin or Mario Cristobal (or at least someone who didn't want to completely dismantle what was working for us with complete crap and no recruiting) after Taggart left we would've maintained a winning culture, and probably would be relatively in the same spot as UCF now. Strong just caused too much damage, but we'll fix it, even if it takes half a decade, we'll be back to winning soon enough and I will be more than satisfied in myself for being ones that stuck all the way through when all yall crybabies come back.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

37 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That self promotion got ucf the call to the big boys table (at least for now) while we sit here and continue to poke fun of them

I’m thinking it’s more like they got the call in spite of the self promoting nonsense. Their play on field was more than enough and said all that was needed. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, NovaBull said:

But…didn’t it kinda work? There’s nothing wrong with being blue collar and being willing to work for everything you earn. Hell, we started out in trailers!!!

We’re definitely the underdogs again (non-P5, major sports teams in the market, not even the most popular college team in our market, the list goes on…), so why not embrace it and look to build again?!

36 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think it worked.  Willie was a program/self promoting fool.  It got us back to relevance and competitiveness and it got him two big pay days.   For some reason people around here criticize this.  When he left we followed him with a dullard who couldn't wait to "slow us down" and now have Barney Fife at the helm.  That self promotion got ucf the call to the big boys table (at least for now) while we sit here and continue to poke fun of them and wallow in self pity (they deserve to be made fun of, but their plan worked for now)

With Willie, we started winning games, but I don't really credit it to the gimmicks.  I think with QF and the players that he brought in, we were just better than our opponents.  I used to criticize the gimmicks and showmanship quite a bit when we were getting beat down in Willie's first couple of years.  I actually love all that kind of stuff when we are winning, but when we are getting schooled on the field, I don't really like it that much.  The blue-collar shirts didn't bother me, and I know it was just a team-building thing--when I saw "blue collar," I immediately thought of coach T in his blue "Willie" shirt.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think with QF and the players that he brought in, we were just better than our opponents. 

The CWT quotes and gimmicks were lame, but the players were really fast.  :D 

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic