• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spot on article from TDS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

1287526992.jpg

Jamie is mad as hell, and doesn’t want to take it anymore.

not a huge fan of TDS, but can't argue with any of this. 

Its sad. I use to make sure to plan nothing around USF Football, now I force myself to go abd cant even give away tixs. Ugh. Saying USF has not passed us by is like saying Brady (who I really dislike) is not the GOAT.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Pretty spot on article. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Certainly was a slash and burn.  USF lost out on this phase of expansion and Jamie, a member here before going there, reacted with death and destruction for ALL things USF - now... maybe that should include TDS. 

He'll bounce back.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Certainly was a slash and burn.  USF lost out on this phase of expansion and Jamie, a member here before going there, reacted with death and destruction for ALL things USF - now... maybe that should include TDS. 

He'll bounce back.  

I guess every cloud does in fact have its silver lining 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

He'll bounce back.  

Exactly as an old die hard, I feel as bad as he does and blame the same as he does but I will never abandon USF. I have curtailed my financial support and I have stopped traveling to as many games as I did before. BUT USF will always have my support and should they ever get their act together I will be there.

This dysfunction at USF goes further back, I could tell you stories of my personal meetings with school leaders while we were trying to start football back in 1980 when UCF had started theirs. I was one of the student officers of the BFO that approached them to start football. We worked hard raising the funds, jumping thru hoops that those so called leaders placed on us, while at the same time backstabbing our efforts and eventually taking over the funds we had raised to be used elsewhere. I stayed away from USF Athletics until those people left. Came back when Selmon, Paul Griffin etc started the football drive, I thought finally USF has some smart leadership, the rest we all know.

Maybe like in those Selmon, Griffin years, USF will get leaders that Care and have a vision. Time will tell and it starts on who they choose as President, but yes they have alienated and driven away many of the diehards old supporters with stupid moves and rudderless direction.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

I'll take your word for it, because I'm not giving them clicks. No desire to read it

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

Yikes. 

My main reaction is that it is a little weird that no USF leader has said anything about what's happening. 

Other than that, it's hard to argue with any points here. I disagree with the approach taken, and lack of constructive ideas but I get it. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

It's a little too doom and gloom for me.  Don't get me wrong I've been having my existential crisis as well but I mean....just vent a bunch anonymously on a message board or privately with friends, and then get back at it.

Don't try to publicly burn the whole thing down for others.

Is the program in extremely bad shape and on the verge of not just national irrelevance, but state irrelevance?  Yep.

Is giving up going to help it? Nope.

Well there you go, an easy binary choice for right now.  Something that will help or something that won't.  Pick one and worry about the next step later.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

It's a little too doom and gloom for me.  Don't get me wrong I've been having my existential crisis as well but I mean....just vent a bunch anonymously on a message board or privately with friends, and then get back at it.

Don't try to publicly burn the whole thing down for others.

Is the program is extremely bad shape and on the verge of not just national irrelevance, but state irrelevance?  Yep.

Is giving up going to help it? Nope.

Well there you go, an easy binary choice for right now.  Something that will help or something that won't.  Pick one and worry about the next step later.

100% agree. My life has taught me never to give up and when things go bad, get up and work harder. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1