• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spot on article from TDS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, puc86 said:

He seems like a nice enough guy, if you don’t question your dedication to this somewhat regularly I think there must be something wrong with you to a degree that would put USF athletics to shame. It’s been a rough journey, yet many of us can’t let go even if we occasionally to frequently want to. 

Jim is a good guy, and I know for a fact he was at the game in-person this last Friday till the very end. That says something ... and he wasn't really wrong 3 years ago.

The 3 TDS articles in the series were an interesting eye-opener and it sounds like the school's issues are not something that can be fixed in a span of years, nevermind a season. The Big 12 news this week really annoyed me after that awful game, but its going to be a passing annoyance. I can't influence our current situation, so it's simply not worth the time or energy. 

I went to USF 30 years ago because I liked the idea of an "up and comer" university and I felt the future was bright, and I didn't care about football much then. I chose USF over UF and UCF, and have wondered off-and-on over the years if it was the right choice, but still feel it was the right choice for the time. Now that my son is going to college next year, USF is not on his list, and although it makes me a little sad, its also the correct choice for the time.

He cares little for football, so that's not even in the calculation. 

I just hope we get good leadership to iron this and the other issues at the university out, and I selfishly hope it can be ironed out before I retire ... you can only be an up and comer for so long and I'm feeling a little old. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

On 9/7/2021 at 9:13 PM, puc86 said:

He seems like a nice enough guy, if you don’t question your dedication to this somewhat regularly I think there must be something wrong with you to a degree that would put USF athletics to shame. It’s been a rough journey, yet many of us can’t let go even if we occasionally to frequently want to. 

Yup... and I am nowhere near "back" ... hiring Jeff Scott helped a bit ... but as Puc said, I can't let go all the way.

This year, I don't know much of the roster... didn't know that McClain was a true freshman, for example.  (Not getting a depth chart doesn't help, but I could have read more)... plus I living out of state I am quite disconnected from the day-in-day-out stuff with USF.

Am I the worst fan? Who knows... Being a fan is ultimately about being entertained - and we can pretty much agree getting shut out three openers in a row is not entertaining.