• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spot on article from TDS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Like so many of these "I've Had It" posts they are always troubling. I certainly get where he's coming from and can also identify with the frustrations after so many years. USF acts like a rudderless ship at times(too much). Can it completely change get focused, and go all out to make USF Football a success? Make us really look like a D-1 program on the rise?  What was it the original dean at USF said way back when?? "There's no room(or need) for collegiate athletics at USF" Something like that. Sure, it changed but that was a pretty adamant statement to make when the roots of USF were just being formed. 

Maybe USF could use a little more of the "blue collar" approach like UCF. There is some snob/click atmosphere at USF. We've noticed over the years at home games, homecoming, alumni tailgates. We have always said, We have had more fun at away games. Fans are friendly, fun, less stuffy. More of a feeling of camaraderie. Personally, we won't quit on USF. I'm 40+ years removed from graduation. I've hung in this long so I think I'm committed. Everyone has their own reasons for supporting USF and the frustrations/elations that go along with that fandom. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Like so many of these "I've Had It" posts they are always troubling. I certainly get where he's coming from and can also identify with the frustrations after so many years. USF acts like a rudderless ship at times(too much). Can it completely change get focused, and go all out to make USF Football a success? Make us really look like a D-1 program on the rise?  What was it the original dean at USF said way back when?? "There's no room(or need) for collegiate athletics at USF" Something like that. Sure, it changed but that was a pretty adamant statement to make when the roots of USF were just being formed. 

Maybe USF could use a little more of the "blue collar" approach like UCF. There is some snob/click atmosphere at USF. We've noticed over the years at home games, homecoming, alumni tailgates. We have always said, We have had more fun at away games. Fans are friendly, fun, less stuffy. More of a feeling of camaraderie. Personally, we won't quit on USF. I'm 40+ years removed from graduation. I've hung in this long so I think I'm committed. Everyone has their own reasons for supporting USF and the frustrations/elations that go along with that fandom. 

We've tried the blue-collar thing with Willie's nametag shirt gimmick.  Let's not do that again.

image.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

We've tried the blue-collar thing with Willie's nametag shirt gimmick.  Let's not do that again.

image.png

But…didn’t it kinda work? There’s nothing wrong with being blue collar and being willing to work for everything you earn. Hell, we started out in trailers!!!

We’re definitely the underdogs again (non-P5, major sports teams in the market, not even the most popular college team in our market, the list goes on…), so why not embrace it and look to build again?!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

image.png

Can we at least put the team on the back of our jerseys? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

45 minutes ago, hm101 said:

My main reaction is that it is a little weird that no USF leader has said anything about what's happening. 

They better be banking something for Wednesday.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

image.png

Oh Lordy, you had to really dig for that one. I suppose we can't have buses either now..? :bang:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345

I hope more people with knowledge choose violence and call people out publicly. Not just those that left years ago, but the people who are still perpetuating the problems.

The only way to fix it is to clean house.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

52 minutes ago, hm101 said:

My main reaction is that it is a little weird that no USF leader has said anything about what's happening. 

Nothing has officially happened as of yet.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487

32 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Nothing has officially happened as of yet.

So when it does, and it will, the university will be prepared to immediately address the public and allay their fears? What will the message be? My guess is the same old boiler plate.