• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seriously, what is USF's priority next move?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Now that players can get paid, they can pay for their own stadium and play in it.  Imagine, the first stadium built by the players...now that's a game changer.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, cmhatter said:

IMO, USF is going to wait for the B12 news to become official.  

Once it does, expect them to release a statement say that they're committed to top tier athletics and that they'll do everything it takes to get positioned for the next round. 

Absent clarifying "what it takes"... it's smoke and mirrors to me. 

I think we have a winner for 'most likely outcome' right here.  Should start a prediction thread to get as close to the actual release statement as possible.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

To name a few:

EmPHASis on women's sports.  We can be the Title IX champions and I have a volleyball-playing daughter I would love to recoup some of that donor money.

Rebuild men's basketball program (but maybe not from scratch every other year).

Follow Boise State example with a new field in team colors.  How cool would it be to play on green turf!  Oh wait....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 hours ago, Brad said:

Seriously?

Then step one is deciding if we still wish to compete at the highest level, or not.

You use the word "still", did we ever wish to compete at the highest level or did it just kind of happen by accident before?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

22 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

• Hire a President that will continue the academic and research ascent AND place equal and great emphasis on growing athletics as the face and front door of the University's brand

This. Nothing else matters unless you have the right leadership and people in place. If we have a president/AD that are NOT invested and aligned in athletics, its moot. We need to make an ACTIVE decision... are we going full throttle for big time athletics, or are we OK with being great but on a smaller stage and balancing across multiple sports and academics. 

Not my decision. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 9/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Skingraft said:

Score a single point?

And that is a great Point! On your part...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Brad said:

A SERIOUS analysis of whether we have plans and how effective they should be to engage ALL stakeholders and move forward.  It must have built in accountability for football staff and the administration (needed more than ever). We are spending a lot of money, but not seeing a lot of results.  If a true analysis determines playing football in football rich Florida is not a possibility - or Champa Bay just won't accept us - shut it down.  There are other things to do.  Return all the salaries to a new administration and we can double down on the other sports.

Some think USF football is just a twig on a mighty stream with no true control over what happens.  Today's situation is frequently compared to another in a given year and it is derived that we couldn't do it then so we can't do it now and it's nobody's fault.  And then we relieve responsibility for failure "no one could have seen that, or done better".  We need to stop playing the victim of bad luck or bad timing and just get the ******* job done or get the **** out.

Always warms my heart to see the leader of the site have his post edited for language via the filter he implemented:) That being said...well said!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Always warms my heart to see the leader of the site have his post edited for language via the filter he implemented:) That being said...well said!

Thank you, sometimes we have to do "live" testing...