• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seriously, what is USF's priority next move?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This.  If the answer is not a resounding yes form all parties involved, BOT, President, administration, alumni, donors, students, the community, athletic leadership etc. then a drop down to FCS should be an option.  Continuing to half a$$ it is not an option.

Interesting.  Agree that is the core issue behind everything.  So if that's the #1 priority next step should the BOT, Rhea Law and Kelly come out with a joint statement this week that they are immediately putting together a process for the administration, donors, students and the community to determine if USF is all in on athletics at the highest level or consider a move down to FCS?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, 79 Bull said:

Interesting.  Agree that is the core issue behind everything.  So if that's the #1 priority next step should the BOT, Rhea Law and Kelly come out with a joint statement this week that they are immediately putting together a process for the administration, donors, students and the community to determine if USF is all in on athletics at the highest level or consider a move down to FCS?

I prefer a path of independence, an FCS move would not be acceptable to me or I believe many other alumni 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

Seriously?

Then step one is deciding if we still wish to compete at the highest level, or not.

Other than building an OCS and fostering an SEC style of recruiting (Brown Paper Bag Scholarships), I believe that decision has been made with shovels going in the ground this week for the IPF.

I think people are forgetting how beneficial that will be for the program.

Edited by HyperBullee

2 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Other than building an OCS and fostering an SEC style of recruiting (Brown Paper Bag Scholarships), I believe that decision has been made with shovels going in the ground this week for the IPF.

I think people are forgetting how beneficial that will be for the program.

I think we are highly over estimating the impact that will have 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153

Just now, puc86 said:

I think we are highly over estimating the impact that will have 

I’m not saying that it’s the end-all-be-all to wins. But it will help with what the program needs: more efficiency while practicing (that hopefully translates on the field: Fortin) and better talent recruited. 

1 minute ago, HyperBullee said:

I’m not saying that it’s the end-all-be-all to wins. But it will help with what the program needs: more efficiency while practicing (that hopefully translates on the field: Fortin) and better talent recruited. 

I guess I will see more value in having more practices when I see the first thing improved by this staff, at the moment there seems to be zero correlation between time with this staff and anything that could be described as improvement or success. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18

I'd say we desperately need to recruit size. Looking at highlights from the Taggart era and our players had so much bigger body frames. Our D-line looks like they play in C-USA while UCF can compete with most P5 lines. This is where I don't trust CJS...He knew we were undersized and didn't atleast get a transfer portal player 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I prefer a path of independence, an FCS move would not be acceptable to me or I believe many other alumni 

Seriously, aside from a few us on this board, How many alumni really care?  If there’s not a commitment by the University to compete at the highest level then whats the difference of getting your brains beaten in as an independent or a conference member.

if the commitments not there by all involved then stop pretending and move down to FCS.  Play your games at Corbett and move on.

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Seriously, aside from a few us on this board, How many alumni really care?  If there’s not a commitment by the University to compete at the highest level then whats the difference of getting your brains beaten in as an independent or a conference member.

if the commitments not there by all involved then stop pretending and move down to FCS.  Play your games at Corbett and move on.

To be honest I am not sure, I can only speak for myself that is not a journey I would be willing to continue where as if we bet on ourselves I am all in for where that journey takes us.