• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seriously, what is USF's priority next move?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Don’t forget when in deficit just raise the student fees, it’s a license to print money

Im Rich Make It Rain GIF by Bounce

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, smazza said:

do nothing-stay the course.......keep teaching and keep coaching and keep recruiting 

this is a long term project

no one should get fired 

There was a day Steve was the wild man..... 😜 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, smazza said:

do nothing-stay the course.......keep teaching and keep coaching and keep recruiting 

this is a long term project

no one should get fired 

Stay what course?

The losing course?

What is being done is not working.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We could invent a race of some type.. perhaps to open a satellite campus on the moon or something. That might distract from our pathetic athletics

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

The serious answer if this were any other company I walked into would be to first tell everyone I am just here to see what improvements we can tweak in order to be successful but not much is going to change, the second part would be looking at the parts of the business I believe could be sold off for profit and beginning the liquidation process. 

USF Athletics cannot be looked at as a for profit company. It’s stakeholders are completely different and it is subsidized by many, while generating income from at least three sources (albeit not successfully). 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

USF Athletics cannot be looked at as a for profit company. It’s stakeholders are completely different and it is subsidized by many, while generating income from at least three sources (albeit not successfully). 

It also cannot be sold off for parts that are more valuable than the whole, I was just pointing out why I cannot give a serious answer at this point because every conceivable data point says to get out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It also cannot be sold off for parts that are more valuable than the whole, I was just pointing out why I cannot give a serious answer at this point because every conceivable data point says to get out.

Should be able to get something for the equipment, goal post, and weights. But yes, the bricks and mortars would have to be reused for something else. Of course we don’t have to worry about what to do with the stadium 🤣

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

My opinion , sad as it is, there is no next move. Cluelessness from the administration will keep on keeping on. Had a lot of hope for Mike but bungle in the jungle.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Priority should be winning and scoring at all costs.  Only way to get people away from the edge they're on now.

Easier said then done, so how about just declaring a return to the Gulf Coast Offense?  Bring back an offensive identity to the school, something we can be known for.  I mean, for foooks sake Scott Frost came along and ripped off our formula, why can't we rip ourselves off?  Convince fans that there's a better offensive plan in the end worth suffering through.

To this day I still can't believe we vetted successors for Willie and settled on the guy who said "we need to slow down the offense".

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Priority should be winning and scoring at all costs.  Only way to get people away from the edge they're on now.

Easier said then done, so how about just declaring a return to the Gulf Coast Offense?  Bring back an offensive identity to the school, something we can be known for.  I mean, for foooks sake Scott Frost came along and ripped off our formula, why can't we rip ourselves off?  Convince fans that there's a better offensive plan in the end worth suffering through.

To this day I still can't believe we vetted successors for Willie and settled on the guy who said "we need to slow down the offense".

That was a HUGE mistake, we should have looked for someone that continued that offense philosophy.

• Upvote 2