• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seriously, what is USF's priority next move?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, smazza said:

do nothing-stay the course.......keep teaching and keep coaching and keep recruiting 

this is a long term project

no one should get fired 

I hope this is sarcasm

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I hope this is sarcasm

The only person Steve has ever taken issue with and thought should be fired was CJL, you seriously cannot make this stuff up

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

What is the #1 (and only one) priority move so we're prepared for whatever comes next with athletics?

Possibilities...

• Announce and fast track build of OCS
  • Fast track build of IPF and other on-campus athletic facilities
  • Hire a President that will continue the academic and research ascent AND place equal and great emphasis on growing athletics as the face and front door of the University's brand
  • Replace VPA Kelly with a VP or AD that is a known and proven entity for raising revenues, increasing community support and enhancing the brand on a national level
  • Screw it, put all possible resources behind winning football games NOW and worry about everything else later
  • Others?

GO BULLS!

Your first three points.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,889
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The only person Steve has ever taken issue with and thought should be fired was CJL, you seriously cannot make this stuff up

His opinion is comical, he dropped serious coin on us to cover because “NC State had no idea what they were in for”.  I am still waiting for his first coherent thought, been a long wait. 

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Interesting….well I’m not condoning the firing of Scott or Kelly….but to “do nothing because it’s a long term process” is absolutely absurd.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

His opinion is comical, he dropped serious coin on us to cover because “NC State had no idea what they were in for”.  I am still waiting for his first coherent thought, been a long wait. 

Like all apologists there is a short memory and now they lost money on purpose because getting beat down 45-0 was not only foreseeable it was to be expected and could be any other way. CCS for them was rock bottom and that we keep finding newer and better rock bottom is still his fault years later because everyone knows it should take 5 years to demonstrate any growth over rock bottom. 

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

Interesting….well I’m not condoning the firing of Scott or Kelly….but to “do nothing because it’s a long term process” is absolutely absurd.

I’m not trying to fire anyone, I don’t like constant flux and I hate paying people to not do a job which has been our standard practice. What I do take exception to is anyone believing there is even a second of time that you do not have the power to make improvements in your situation when you have been given full control. When things are in a horrible position that’s the easiest time to figure out what you can do better and that they have yet to find and implement the first improvement is entirely on them. One home run recruit, a single position group looking better than they did 2 years ago, a scheme that is able to demonstrate execution by the people you have and not the people you would like to have would have everyone sing a different tune. You fired a bunch of players, you brought in a bunch of players, you claim to see players really getting the schemes but the end result is 45-050D16D3D-553E-4BCC-B723-F91CEF39E087.jpeg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

The serious answer if this were any other company I walked into would be to first tell everyone I am just here to see what improvements we can tweak in order to be successful but not much is going to change, the second part would be looking at the parts of the business I believe could be sold off for profit and beginning the liquidation process. 

Nah we’re cool. Taxpayers dime means we can keep playing until we figure this out. No real profit motive here

Season 4 Swag GIF by Rick and Morty

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nah we’re cool. Taxpayers dime means we can keep playing until we figure this out. No real profit motive here

Season 4 Swag GIF by Rick and Morty

Don’t forget when in deficit just raise the student fees, it’s a license to print money

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not trying to fire anyone, I don’t like constant flux and I hate paying people to not do a job which has been our standard practice. What I do take exception to is anyone believing there is even a second of time that you do not have the power to make improvements in your situation when you have been given full control. When things are in a horrible position that’s the easiest time to figure out what you can do better and that they have yet to find and implement the first improvement is entirely on them. One home run recruit, a single position group looking better than they did 2 years ago, a scheme that is able to demonstrate execution by the people you have and not the people you would like to have would have everyone sing a different tune. You fired a bunch of players, you brought in a bunch of players, you claim to see players really getting the schemes but the end result is 45-050D16D3D-553E-4BCC-B723-F91CEF39E087.jpeg

I can’t disagree with any of this. The continuous slide through mediocrity to the current landing place of near complete irrelevance has been maddening.