• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves athletes getting paid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Yuengling brewery right by campus, sell some cases in the area with athletes on the cases. Or would their sponsorship of the sun dome already make them too close to the school to sponsor players?

Busch Gardens/Adventure Islands are right there and get a lot of students to go. Having some USF related exposure there could help build the brand too as Busch Gardens gets visitors from all over the world. 

Datz made a sandwich and named it the Gronk. Pub sub named after players seems easy.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, Brad said:

My thoughts are no one would pay unless there is a legit Heisman or NFL type guy - and that’s ok, too many “collectors” gathering them for hopeful resale.  But, the excitement my sons had getting autographs was fun.  If I had to pay, I would probably have done one and took my kids to Busch Gardens. 

I agree - at the same time, most 21 YOs probably think that they are legit NFL candidates 

I got Mike Jenkins autograph at the 2007 fan fest - while he was courteous and accommodating, I remember him looking distinctly like he wanted to be elsewhere.  Mike went on to become an all American, first round draft pick and pro-bowler.  Mike (along with several members of the 2007 team) could have gotten money for their autographs 

It is certainly a nuance college have not had to deal with in the past

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

I agree - at the same time, most 21 YOs probably think that they are legit NFL candidates 

I got Mike Jenkins autograph at the 2007 fan fest - while he was courteous and accommodating, I remember him looking distinctly like he wanted to be elsewhere.  Mike went on to become an all American, first round draft pick and pro-bowler.  Mike (along with several members of the 2007 team) could have gotten money for their autographs 

It is certainly a nuance college have not had to deal with in the past

I wonder how much Matt Floyd’s autograph would go for nowadays?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

USF player for sale:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If I may suggest, he may want to let someone proofread his post before he hits send.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If I may suggest, he may want to let someone proofread his post before he hits send.

That’s an extra fee 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

That’s an extra fee 

It is and I will volunteer my proofreading services for a nominal fee. I see no reason why we can’t get in on the action.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,641
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

From what a lot of the Tweets I've seen, proofreading is frowned upon ..... if not downright discouraged.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I get why he's doing it... but does he have actual expectations of getting paid right now? He was the 1751st ranked player coming out of high school in Lake City and doesn't have a stat, yet. I had to look him up and I actually watch USF football. 

Step 1: make a tackle

Step 2: cash endorsement check

Yoke claims 4000 athletes have "signed." They also have 3813 followers on Twitter. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Does he get paid for referrals? This tweet made me realize it won't be long before pyramid schemes may try and target these players