• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves athletes getting paid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks Bowman and for being a scholar-athlete as well, most of us are here trying to make our fine preeminent institution better by engaging in some of the most important topics facing this ever changing world. I do this for the kids and feel my altruistic efforts are making a difference, it is nice to be recognized, happy 4th everyone!

If people identify as Bulls it really shouldn’t be shocking to find some Bulls fornicate with cows and while I do not choose to do so I find their choice brave and I stand with them

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

20 hours ago, bowman1 said:

This is what I love about the Bullspen - open discussion of important educational topics with no apparent discrimination based on Neck Shade😀

As long as we can bring a smile to some of the people on here.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

happy drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just want everyone to know that my likeness is available 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Don’t want to hear from anyone I can’t boo and call out a D1 college football player anymore (yes, even USF at layers). If they are old enough to make endorsement dollars (and essentially be a pro), then they should be able to take negative remarks about their play…it comes with the territory. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I can follow the logic, it makes sense.  I'm not much of a booer when it comes to watching sports but I have been anti-boo when it comes to student-athletes.  I'd say no longer.  As we watch the destruction of collegiate athletics this wouldn't be the worse thing we'll witness.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

I think the booing will be good for the kids and it builds character. They spend most of their lives being told how special they are and facing very little criticism that they end up having an unrealistic view of their overall self worth.  As I hurl obscenities and boos down upon the team when they suck I can also feel good about myself and the valuable lessons I am teaching the kids.  It is a win win and once again I am making the world a better place just by being in it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t want to hear from anyone I can’t boo and call out a D1 college football player anymore (yes, even USF at layers). If they are old enough to make endorsement dollars (and essentially be a pro), then they should be able to take negative remarks about their play…it comes with the territory. 

Right, so NOW when Lavonte Camiel misses a tackle you can boo him with a clear conscience because of all that money he has rolling in from Yoke …… whatever the **** Yoke is.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

Right, so NOW when Lavonte Camiel misses a tackle you can boo him with a clear conscience because of all that money he has rolling in from Yoke …… whatever the **** Yoke is.  

I don’t want 24 hours to pass before someone posts on this board,  so do you think if any athlete does make it big in the endorsement game they will give to the worthwhile charity that is their scholarship in order to help offset their taxes? Or do you think since they aren’t buying tickets and going to events (that they aren’t required to attend) they will be more inclined to donate to an actual charity that’s only product isn’t athletic entertainment (not to be confused with professional sports where they have seat licenses we have required donations, and that makes all the difference)?