• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I Are you that oblivious?

Yes, just enforce the ban and you don't have to worry about it

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, Dave Glaser said:

As chaotic as the off-season has been, after digging in, the four newcomers already identified all look like very solid additions. Moss, Greene, Hines and Patrick can all play. I could argue that - as a foursome - they are similar to and potentially an upgrade over Castenada, Brown, Williams, and Akec, respectively. The problem right now is size - a lack of it.

you cant defend size

you need bigs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

15 minutes ago, smazza said:

you cant defend size

you need bigs

I don't know about that.  We just lost a couple of bigs who seemed to be defended by other teams pretty well.  They also got jumped over for rebounds and had shots blocked by smaller men.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know about that.  We just lost a couple of bigs who seemed to be defended by other teams pretty well.  They also got jumped over for rebounds and had shots blocked by smaller men.  

If you take into consideration some observations from this past season and the prior one re: Durr and Yetna there are points to be made. Yetna was hurt an entire season and part of another. When he did start logging some playing time he looked apprehensive and acted like he was playing at half speed. He wasn't as accurate. Some guys don't come back as they once were after a major injury. Conclusion: he wasn't much of a force for us this past year. It will be interesting to see how he does at his new college. Durr, had a great first year like Yetna, but then if you watched him he played like he was out of shape. He would have a dominate game but then play slow and lazy the next. He should have been a force to be reckoned with but...we were advertised as being dominate on the O boards but...sometimes. Yes, I see this as a big loss for USF and I don't like the "stated" underlying circumstances but, maybe those guys lost heart. Maybe it's coaching? Watching these two at their new schools will say a lot about them and the coaching at USF vs the new schools.  Amen

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

If you take into consideration some observations from this past season and the prior one re: Durr and Yetna there are points to be made. Yetna was hurt an entire season and part of another. When he did start logging some playing time he looked apprehensive and acted like he was playing at half speed. He wasn't as accurate. Some guys don't come back as they once were after a major injury. Conclusion: he wasn't much of a force for us this past year. It will be interesting to see how he does at his new college. Durr, had a great first year like Yetna, but then if you watched him he played like he was out of shape. He would have a dominate game but then play slow and lazy the next. He should have been a force to be reckoned with but...we were advertised as being dominate on the O boards but...sometimes. Yes, I see this as a big loss for USF and I don't like the "stated" underlying circumstances but, maybe those guys lost heart. Maybe it's coaching? Watching these two at their new schools will say a lot about them and the coaching at USF vs the new schools.  Amen

I agree with your take on Yetna but disagree vehemently on Durr.  His overall mechanics improved, FT’s, jump shot and post.  He improved drastically from his first year here but his ceiling is only so high,  he can’t jump and has a slow first step, you can’t teach that.  I believe the coaches got as much as they could out of this guy IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Anyone have any news on any other potential transfers coming in?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Fair assessment 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I agree with your take on Yetna but disagree vehemently on Durr.  His overall mechanics improved, FT’s, jump shot and post.  He improved drastically from his first year here but his ceiling is only so high,  he can’t jump and has a slow first step, you can’t teach that.  I believe the coaches got as much as they could out of this guy IMO. 

True true. When Durr left the ground you would be hard pressed to be able to slide a piece of paper under his shoe. Prob at lower levels his 7' height was dominate and he didn't need to go airborne. Was it Williams that would come off the bench and fly around the court? Personally, I think Castaneda and Brown are the the ones I hated to see go. But....that's the way the 🏀 bounces. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

I think Yetna has a chance to do well going forward.  He doesn't have to be the man at Seton Hall.  Going from scoring option 1 or 2 at USF to being maybe 4 or 5 at SHU.  Durr will probably be in the same situation.  They had a lot of pressure to perform here, especially Yetna.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

58 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Was it Williams that would come off the bench and fly around the court?

Yeah.