• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, bcgruber said:

would love to add him and matos, then I will not be so bummed about losing the players we lost

Don’t be bummed we sucked with those guys so worst case scenario we will suck with these guys. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Don’t be bummed we sucked with those guys so worst case scenario we will suck with these guys. 

Yeah, why get too excited or too discouraged when either way they will all basically be pickup games anyhow.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078
  • Days Won:  2

We basically get to start over with guys that have been productive players elsewhere.  The group we had did not play well together for the most part last year.  This at least makes things more interesting going into next season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, usfrank said:

New player USF Jake Boggs highlights,  looks like decent player  FG-47%, FT-78%. FG3-44%

https://twitter.com/i/status/1378143858505175040

AND it appears he is already used to wearing ugly green uniforms.  Should ease the transition.  I kid, I kid.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Need some bigs 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, jg233 said:

We basically get to start over with guys that have been productive players elsewhere.  The group we had did not play well together for the most part last year.  This at least makes things more interesting going into next season.

Agreed, but not sure I have much confidence in Gregory to put the pieces together or run a competent half court offense, in what is likely a make-or-break season for him.

Hoping this collection of players can overcome their coach and win in spite of him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Agreed, but not sure I have much confidence in Gregory to put the pieces together or run a competent half court offense, in what is likely a make-or-break season for him.

Hoping this collection of players can overcome their coach and win in spite of him.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, Brad said:

Yeah, all of that is welcome if some members can learn how to create threads and discuss.  Carpet bombing threads with ridiculously off-topic ******** that isn't funny or designed to have a spat with a rival is the problem.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Its on topic, but its just an opinion you don't agree with. When someone says "The group we had did not play well together for the most part last year", and my response is because the coach doesn't put pieces together well (see his failure to mesh newcomers and Yetna with the returning players) is absolutely on topic. As far as starting a spat with a rival - I have no rivals, just individuals who are slow to see the truth.

The upcoming basketball season will be an interesting one to witness. Gregory will have to evolve as a coach if he is going to be able to extend is his career, not just at USF but as a head coach in D1.  Its an interesting group of incoming players, but right now they are just a collection of average low-D1 players.

Hoping 2021-22 will be a magical season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Its on topic, but its just an opinion you don't agree with.

It's repetitive, whether I agree with it or not, that's designed to continually get under people's skin. Are you that oblivious that you couldn't pick up on what he was referring to when he posted that?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's repetitive, whether I agree with it or not, that's designed to continually get under people's skin. Are you that oblivious that you couldn't pick up on what he was referring to when he posted that?

Its not designed to get under anyone's skin. If people are bothered by the assessment that I, and many others share, then I will dial back any Gregory assessments that some may find triggering.