• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

13 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

The one thing that I've noticed is that most are at least 75% form the free throw line. That's going to pay.

BG's clearly seen enough bricks. He's recruiting shooters this go-round.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

The one thing that I've noticed is that most are at least 75% form the free throw line. That's going to pay.

It will, so long as a smaller, less physical line up will get to the line. Otherwise FG% will play more if a factor.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

3 hours ago, Brad said:

With free agency in college sports, I'm beginning to feel the same way I felt when free agency ripped up the pro teams I followed as a child.

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of variation of what’s happening in European soccer, occurs in college sports. I feel that the purity of sports is going the way of banking. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Abbott And Costello Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Found that bit on YouTube for my grandson a year or two ago. He loved it.

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of variation of what’s happening in European soccer, occurs in college sports. I feel that the purity of sports is going the way of banking. 

Online?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

The future looks blurry ...... a ways to go just get to our full scholarship level, if all portal entrants leave.

I couldn’t agree more, not sure what we have and probably won’t bother to invest much time in trying to figure it out.  If we have a good team I will follow them closely, if we suck eggs than I will watch only out necessity.

47 minutes ago, michibull said:

Actually I think its the other way around. The proposed Super League is taking a page out of the P5 playbook and banding together for more money, kicking lesser clubs to the curb.

If anything I'd like to see College Football take a traditional European soccer approach and include relegation. If you took the 130 FBS school and added 2 from FCS (for a total of 132), you could have 3 tiers of 44 teams, where the 4 best teams from each tier move up and the bottom 4 from each tier move down. This would give schools the opportunity to move up based on performance.

5 hours ago, Brad said:

With free agency in college sports, I'm beginning to feel the same way I felt when free agency ripped up the pro teams I followed as a child.

Slowly but surely they are killing the game in the name of providing additional opportunities for these so called student athletes.  The irony is that this will have a negative effect on graduation rates as theses guys bounce around, the chances of them finishing school will decrease, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares. 

4 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Actually I think its the other way around. The proposed Super League is taking a page out of the P5 playbook and banding together for more money, kicking lesser clubs to the curb.

If anything I'd like to see College Football take a traditional European soccer approach and include relegation. If you took the 130 FBS school and added 2 from FCS (for a total of 132), you could have 3 tiers of 44 teams, where the 4 best teams from each tier move up and the bottom 4 from each tier move down. This would give schools the opportunity to move up based on performance.

This would never happen because if you are in the bourgeoise class than why would you risk being relegated to the proletariat class and for the record you are championing us voluntarily going down to the class of peasants which is nonsensical in and of itself.  

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This would never happen because if you are in the bourgeoise class than why would you risk being relegated to the proletariat class and for the record you are championing us voluntarily going down to the class of peasants which is nonsensical in and of itself.  

Well, the Top 44 is alot better than the Top 64 which is what the P5 is today. Moving into 3 tiers of 44, while allowing from some movement between tiers, would lead to significantly more money for most of those in the P5 today. The bottom of the P5 would (e.g. Vanderbilt, Rutgers) get relegated but they would be in the minority.

For the Super League being proposed in soccer, those 12-15 clubs are going to dictate the terms from the rest of soccer. The upper crust of the P5 could, and likely will, do the same.

If there is more money to be made, the elite schools will find a way to make it.

Edited by bjef4844

2 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Well, the Top 44 is alot better than the Top 64 which is what the P5 is today. Moving into 3 tiers of 44, while allowing from some movement between tiers, would lead to significantly more money for most of those in the P5 today. The bottom of the P5 would (e.g. Vanderbilt, Rutgers) get relegated but they would be in the minority.

For the Super League being proposed in soccer, those 12-15 clubs are going to dictate the terms from the rest of soccer. The upper crust of the P5 could, and likely will, do the same.

If there is more money to be made, the elite schools will find a way to make it.

To do this you would have to eliminate any conference affiliation, not sure how you can have different tiers in the same conference, if you can then what is the point.