• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

If anything I'd like to see College Football take a traditional European soccer approach and include relegation. If you took the 130 FBS school and added 2 from FCS (for a total of 132), you could have 3 tiers of 44 teams, where the 4 best teams from each tier move up and the bottom 4 from each tier move down. This would give schools the opportunity to move up based on performance.

WELCOME ...To Fantasy Island !! - Fantasy Island Drinks | Meme Generator

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

To do this you would have to eliminate any conference affiliation, not sure how you can have different tiers in the same conference, if you can then what is the point. 

Conferences would go away. But you are right, it likely won't happen unless the greed just goes to a whole new level. And even then the P5 elite wouldn't even consider relegation. They'd leave the rest of the NCAA to go figure it out - not their problem.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Right now I am teetering on whether or not I will be following college sports in the future...pretty close to saying **** them all.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  14

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Right now I am teetering on whether or not I will be following college sports in the future...pretty close to saying **** them all.

I’m with you here. Maybe it’s time to buy that boat or pick up the golf clubs again—there are other ways to be entertained.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

Actually I think its the other way around. The proposed Super League is taking a page out of the P5 playbook and banding together for more money, kicking lesser clubs to the curb.

If anything I'd like to see College Football take a traditional European soccer approach and include relegation. If you took the 130 FBS school and added 2 from FCS (for a total of 132), you could have 3 tiers of 44 teams, where the 4 best teams from each tier move up and the bottom 4 from each tier move down. This would give schools the opportunity to move up based on performance.

It's a nice idea that I like but TV and ESPN aren't going to let that happen.  You'd have to change contracts every year.

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I’m with you here. Maybe it’s time to buy that boat or pick up the golf clubs again—there are other ways to be entertained.

Off Topic but you are exactly right. Now that I can't watch the Rays and Lightning I barely bother to keep track of their records.  They better figure out a way to get them back on TV (or some monthly online charge) or they will become (and the Rays already are) an afterthought to most people. Imagine a team that made it to the World Series and won the Stanley Cup and 1/2 the local region can't watch them.  SMH

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Off Topic but you are exactly right. Now that I can't watch the Rays and Lightning I barely bother to keep track of their records.  They better figure out a way to get them back on TV (or some monthly online charge) or they will become (and the Rays already are) an afterthought to most people. Imagine a team that made it to the World Series and won the Stanley Cup and 1/2 the local region can't watch them.  SMH

Really? Why can’t you watch your home teams?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

43 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Greed ends up destroying anything good, I quit watching baseball in the 90’s and don’t miss it a bit.  Stopped watching the NBA about 15 years ago and don’t miss it either. College sports are slowly destroying themselves as well and can easily find something else to do.  As long as we have beer I will be fine and come up with ways to keep myself amused.  A simple CBA will determine if I cancel more of these sports in the future and the benefits are eroding rapidly.  

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Really? Why can’t you watch your home teams?

Frontier and Hulu couldn't reach an agreement with Bally Sports (formerly Fox Sports Sun/ FS Florida).  This may be an issue nationwide with the Fox Sports Regional stations.  I can log onto some website someone provided and Cast it to the TV but that would mean watching all of it live which I just don't do.  I used to record the games and FF through most commercials and breaks between periods in Hockey.  That's right, I want my sports my way. 

The fun thing about Frontier is they dropped those 2 stations, the MLB network and some others and don't ever lower the price.