• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF finalizes deal with Notre Dame 🤘🤘

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, bjef4844 said:

I know many USF fans where this is the one game they attend every two years, but agree that UCF give attendance a bump.

My favorite years were when we didn’t play them, I hope those shortsighted people that were willing to settle for any rival are happy with the result

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Yeah, I'm at at time in my life when "lifetime memberships" may not actually work out to be a better deal than year-to-year.

You're young and in great shape.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The "area" doesn't really give a **** about UCF either. Most of the extra butts in the stands are Kanigit fans .....

32 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I know many USF fans where this is the one game they attend every two years, but agree that UCF give attendance a bump.

That's USF fans caring, not the "area" ...... but your original premise was correct. These are the kind of games to get the Tampa Bay area involved. Team just has to take advantage at some point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My favorite years were when we didn’t play them, I hope those shortsighted people that were willing to settle for any rival are happy with the result

If by shortsighted people you mean fans craving a rivalry with them, I agree ............

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Gripe, moan, slam, dis, etc., etc...

GO BULLS!

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

If by shortsighted people you mean fans craving a rivalry with them, I agree ............

Yes that’s what I mean boy did is suck having to play Louisville, WVU, Syracuse and Pitt and not getting to play a cellar dweller that kept managing to go defeated. The horror.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

That's USF fans caring, not the "area" ...... but your original premise was correct. These are the kind of games to get the Tampa Bay area involved. Team just has to take advantage at some point.

I think USF struggles to bring in the students and the “area” would rather pull for UF, FSU, or UM.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

I think USF struggles to bring in the students and the “area” would rather pull for UF, FSU, or UM.

When we were playing better teams and winning teams and winning we seemed to have no problems on either front, now that we are in the conference of misfit toys and still manage to lose would probably put a strain on any fanbase (see fsu and Um attendance woes by simply losing). If we beat UF at home our attendance for the season would magically resolve itself for the rest of the season for students and locals alike. I honestly can’t remember our last win that was in anyway marquee and that’s a problem.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

The "area"  and the students had no problem "pulling" for USF when we were relevant.  Sucking in a suck conference will suck the life out of a fan base

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Proud to be a part of the largest student section in the Big East during my time on campus. Hell, we even camped out a night to get tickets to a game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1