• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF finalizes deal with Notre Dame 🀘🀘

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Feel free to fact check it, but I don't think our attendance under QF, when we were ranked, was at the same level as when we were ranked and playing in the Big East.Β 

Yeah, we were about 5500 less on average in the crap aac.Β  Β The people still showed up contrary to what you said

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Lol maaan my bad for bringing up ages 10 years from now lol We will both enjoy the game in 2029 sir lol

Naw, I just mess with my age and eventual doom since it's inevitable and I try not to take it seriously. I'm always amazed I made it this far along there were a number of times in my past life when any one of the episodes could have been the final one. Funny, I talked with my old friend/roommate few days ago. After hi how you doing--damned if he didnt really tell me how he was doing. Lordy, he went on and on and on..he got done and I said, You know you sound like an old person right?? Growing up in Sarasota we always use to talk about the Blue Hairs, Slow Drivers, Nearly Deads, Cotton Tops, etc. Now we is one.......Ha!Β  I just say, Thanks for another day Lord and go on..what else you going to do?Β  Β Ok, old guy sermon done I have to go wander around aimlessly now...

8 minutes ago, michibull said:

The daily stampede had an article about the attendance woes in 2017, I think it said the last game was in front of 16,000 people and we were ranked. I believe I’m 2018 we average 38,000 tix sold per game and that was a little off set by the 57,000 that showed up for the UCF game. We also know that the upper bowl was rarely used and there was a lot of red seats in the crowd.Β 

QF wasn't here in 2018 and we finished the season with 6 straight losses.Β  We averaged over 30K without the UCF game and there over 40K for the uconn game.Β  Β Of course the upper bowl is "rarely used", it is a 65K+ stadium built to support an NFL team not a G5 team

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't mention the Lightning for obvious reasons I'm sure.

Yeah, I didn’t include them because they have been one of the top teams for the better part of a decade and it’s easy to support a winner. True fandom comes from supporting your team even when things are less than ideal.Β 

Just now, michibull said:

Yeah, I didn’t include them because they have been one of the top teams for the better part of a decade and it’s easy to support a winner. True fandom comes from supporting your team even when things are less than ideal.Β 

Like the Lions .... oh wait .....Β πŸ™„

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Yeah, I'm at at time in my life when "lifetime memberships" may not actually work out to be a better deal than year-to-year.

Ha! my wife gets on me because I wont go buy new shoes, socks, underwear...no sense planning that far into the future. One day, there will be no more long--foolish-- posts by me and there will be a..............HURRAH!!!! go up from the TBP folk. Of course, NEB and PUC will be sad so you will prob haveΒ to talk them through it..................................****!!Β  who started this morbid crap anyway??Β Β 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ha! my wife gets on me because I wont go buy new shoes, socks, underwear...no sense planning that far into the future. One day, there will be no more long--foolish-- posts by me and there will be a..............HURRAH!!!! go up from the TBP folk. Of course, NEB and PUC will be sad so you will prob haveΒ to talk them through it..................................****!!Β  who started this morbid crap anyway??Β Β 

I am sad anytime we lose a fan because we seem way better at attrition than acquisition.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Like the Lions .... oh wait .....Β πŸ™„

And they still sell 63k tix a game, haha. Again, I was a Bucs fan growing up, which watching Mark Carrier, Reggie Cobb and Horace Copeland wasn’t much more fun πŸ˜‚

Edited by michibull

Just now, michibull said:

And they still sell 63k tix a game, haha. Again, I was a Bucs fan growing up, which watch Mark Carrier, Reggie Cobb and Horace Copeland wasn’t much more fun πŸ˜‚

Do 63K show up?Β  Β Or is that only a USF standard?Β  Β And that is still in the bottom 1/3 of the league at best while still making the playoffs 3 times in the past decade.Β  Β  We can go back a little further when they were really bad and see that attendance sink below that 60K threshold.Β  Β  Β And let's stop kidding ourselves that there is anything to do in Detroit in the Fall/Winter besides go to a Lions game in a dome

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424

24 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, we were about 5500 less on average in the crap aac.Β  Β The people still showed up contrary to what you said

Not at the same levels. Those attendance numbers were pretty underwhelming for an exciting Top 25 team. The conference we play in was the primary driver behind the variance.Β 

Thanks for digging up the numbers.