• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF finalizes deal with Notre Dame 🤘🤘

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am so not touching that ....

All I can is that IS NOT what Angela said in Dec 1985 at Beta Hall 👹👹👹

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, chapelbull said:

The "area"  and the students had no problem "pulling" for USF when we were relevant.  Sucking in a suck conference will suck the sucking life out of a sucky fan base which sucks!

Added a few more "sucks" for ya 🤔

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

I think for most grads, not all, they view their time as students here as a transactional relationship that is over when they leave.

Is that the norm for other universities (not a question just for you)?  Do we just see it from the athletic perspective?  But the relatively low number of alumni members leads me to think that it is a problem for all parts of the school. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Attitude!!!  Recently we saw existing students bashing the announcement of the IPF and the Team. I've said in the past, how I've come across USF grads in my travels but couldn't get them interested in supporting the university. My nephew 2019 grad=no interest. He had flunked out of FSU previously before finishing at USF but still is a FSU fan because it has more shine. Had 3 doctors=no interest. A Vet in NC, only interested in UF where she went to post grad school(rabid fan). I did con her into a pic for the USF Alum magazine but....? Don't know if she ever joined. I will say happily, my last ortho doc loves all things USF sports and a proud alumnus. He moved to Orlando recently so hopefully he will be more involved. Anybody that way need a great doc he's your guy(knee's and hips) The above are just my experiences I imagine you folks can come up with your own. I don't get it ??? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

That sense of pride and that rabid fandom is built on decades of athletic success.   Most people are not rabid fans based on their diploma (unless they graduated from Ivy League school or maybe a handful or so other institutions).  We were on our way possibly with CJL and the admin ran him out of town 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

It's odd(very) that USF can't achieve and hold..Stability in their men's sports. We get glimpses then turmoil. Obviously CJS is working on creating something here-a winner. He talks about 10 years down the road?? Does he plan for a long haul?? Football the past 3 years was devastating. We all clung to basketball afterward since we "had the team" but....  Sure the big CV problem is..other schools excelled in the same atmosphere. Yep, its tough to be a USF fan. It isn't for the meek in spirit. We may be a dying breed of USF fan. Most of us grew up playing sports, having our fav teams/players. We graduated from USF and have tried to support our university and of course....we have been ever-hopeful fans. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Rabid USF fans exist, but I totally understand Bulledover's very generalized assessment of USF grads. I'd love a "silver bullet" solution to our lack of USF culture. I just don't think it exists. Consistent winning should do wonders to get most USF grads paying attention to their alma mater a bit more.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

53 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

It's odd(very) that USF can't achieve and hold..Stability in their men's sports. We get glimpses then turmoil. Obviously CJS is working on creating something here-a winner. He talks about 10 years down the road?? Does he plan for a long haul?? Football the past 3 years was devastating. We all clung to basketball afterward since we "had the team" but....  Sure the big CV problem is..other schools excelled in the same atmosphere. Yep, its tough to be a USF fan. It isn't for the meek in spirit. We may be a dying breed of USF fan. Most of us grew up playing sports, having our fav teams/players. We graduated from USF and have tried to support our university and of course....we have been ever-hopeful fans. 

This is a part of it for me.  I grew up playing sports and loving sports so it is nothing for me to root for the Bulls to win.   But if you don't have that interest, then it is up to the school to convince fans to latch on and you do that primarily through winning and decades of culture building.   We haven't done near enough of either in the big sports.

2 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Rabid USF fans exist, but I totally understand Bulledover's very generalized assessment of USF grads. I'd love a "silver bullet" solution to our lack of USF culture. I just don't think it exists. Consistent winning should do wonders to get most USF grads paying attention to their alma mater a bit more.

Of course, but not in the same numbers at UF, FSU, or UM.   And the history/culture of success at those schools makes jumping back on the bandwagon much easier and quicker.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

I shall be at both of these games.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

That sense of pride and that rabid fandom is built on decades of athletic success.   Most people are not rabid fans based on their diploma (unless they graduated from Ivy League school or maybe a handful or so other institutions).  We were on our way possibly with CJL and the admin ran him out of town 

Completely agree.