• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF finalizes deal with Notre Dame 🤘🤘

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Proud to be a part of the largest student section in the Big East during my time on campus. Hell, we even camped out a night to get tickets to a game.

I was at that camp out! Brought a bottle of tequila with me and some roommates.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Do 63K show up?   Or is that only a USF standard?   And that is still in the bottom 1/3 of the league at best while still making the playoffs 3 times in the past decade.    We can go back a little further when they were really bad and see that attendance sink below that 60K threshold.     And let's stop kidding ourselves that there is anything to do in Detroit in the Fall/Winter besides go to a Lions game in a dome

Yes, they actually show up. Don’t forget, Detroit is one of the poorest (yet they still go to games) and lower populated cities and the vast majority of people who go to games come from the suburbs, where we have snowboarding/skiing, ice skating, snowmobile trails/drag racing, ice fishing, in addition to all of the indoor sports facilities. Please don’t confuse Michigan for Detroit, completely different outside of the city. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

37 minutes ago, michibull said:

Yes, they actually show up. Don’t forget, Detroit is one of the poorest (yet they still go to games) and lower populated cities and the vast majority of people who go to games come from the suburbs, where we have snowboarding/skiing, ice skating, snowmobile trails/drag racing, ice fishing, in addition to all of the indoor sports facilities. Please don’t confuse Michigan for Detroit, completely different outside of the city. 

I know the difference and they don't all show up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

Complete agree. Particularly, no one showed up for the QF days because the Tampa Bay area doesn't care about the AAC. Kelly noted that <1% of all alumni have ever, at any point, contributed to the athletic department - that has to change, but most alumni look at their time at USF as a transactional relationship and that's it. UCF did make the investment and it certainly had paid off, and while I am supportive of USF making that move the money has to come from somewhere and you still have to have a strategy on how to use it wisely, otherwise you just burry yourself in debt.

Believe I just saw in the USF magazine that came the other day, possibly somewhere else, that the Alumni have about 42k members including Lifetime members (of which we are a part but didn't attend).  Believe the total graduates has to be in the low to mid 6 figures?  No connection felt with the school for most grads - sports or otherwise.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Believe I just saw in the USF magazine that came the other day, possibly somewhere else, that the Alumni have about 42k members including Lifetime members (of which we are a part but didn't attend).  Believe the total graduates has to be in the low to mid 6 figures?  No connection felt with the school for most grads - sports or otherwise.

That's because for the better part of the school's history it has been a commuter school.   The school did very little to change that and when they had a football program to build around the administration squashed it 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/5/2021 at 11:00 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

Ill be officially on my 50s when this game is played, but let do it baby! 

And i will be 86 right with you.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am sad anytime we lose a fan because we seem way better at attrition than acquisition.

True True....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I think for most grads, not all, they view their time as students here as a transactional relationship that is over when they leave.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I think for most grads, not all, they view their time as students here as a transactional relationship that is over when they leave.

I had that at USF...ahhh those days....😋

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I had that at USF...ahhh those days....😋

I am so not touching that ....