• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential replacements for MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Gregg Marshall would have been someone I wanted USF to look at if Gregory was fired for performance, but really think Kelly is limited in who he can hire now. Hiring anyone with a hint of controversy would be incredibly challenging and tone deaf. Now Kelly has to thread the needle and find a high character coach who hopefully can coach, otherwise we are looking at longer drought for the program.

**** the high character coach, this team needs someone that knows how to win.  I personally would take a chance and be bold than simply hire someone that checks the boxes to keep the pc police off your back. But we know this won’t happen so in the end who cares, a couple of coaches careers are ruined over some allegations that may or may not be true but that is the world we live in.  Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Sorry, by drought I mean the 9 year drought we have been in from the NCAAT/NIT. 

3 winning seasons in 18 years is a helluva drought ... I know doesnt fit your narrative

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Correct look at a young coach at a mid major that has built that program

Maybe a former coach of Dayton?  Oh, wait. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Maybe a former coach of Dayton?  Oh, wait. 

Archie Miller....might be a decent fall back choice

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

3 winning seasons in 18 years is a helluva drought ... I know doesnt fit your narrative

I love those 3 winning seasons though. I was in Vegas back in 2012 when we almost made the Sweet 16. It was an amazing weekend to be a Bulls fan and be surrounded by other, albeit short term, USF fans.

Hoping USF can get back to doing that on a semi-regular basis.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

**** the high character coach, this team needs someone that knows how to win.  I personally would take a chance and be bold than simply hire someone that checks the boxes to keep the pc police off your back. But we know this won’t happen so in the end who cares, a couple of coaches careers are ruined over some allegations that may or may not be true but that is the world we live in.  Go Bulls!

Well we might not know if it was true or not but certainly the players do and if found to be true then the coaches should pay for it, there was never room nor reason for racial slurs by coaches or anyone else and I for one am happy that in 2021 that will not be just brushed under the rug at USF. They are adults getting paid well and should know better.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

41 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

**** the high character coach, this team needs someone that knows how to win.  I personally would take a chance and be bold than simply hire someone that checks the boxes to keep the pc police off your back. 

Unfortunately, Huggy Bear is firmly entrenched at WVU - Petino however is stuck in the MAAC and would certainly fit your win without character criteria 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Unfortunately, Huggy Bear is firmly entrenched at WVU - Petino however is stuck in the MAAC and would certainly fit your win without character criteria 

Apparently he costs money which is unfortunately at odds with another of our criteria. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

How about Tommy Tonelli?  Or maybe Seth is bored and want's to come back to the tree

• Haha 1