• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential replacements for MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What’s with the push with hiring an alumnus? Give me a proven coach. Spend some f’n money on a real coach. Do a Lee Rose...we need some type of excitement as most people will not wait for “another” 5 year rebuild. 

Exactly. I agree

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What’s with the push with hiring an alumnus? Give me a proven coach. Spend some f’n money on a real coach. Do a Lee Rose...we need some type of excitement as most people will not wait for “another” 5 year rebuild. 

So you'd rather have someone with a track record rather than me, an alum?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh lighten up, Francis. We don't even have an opening so we're not really pushing anything ....... just spitballing here.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Oh lighten up, Francis. We don't even have an opening so we're not really pushing anything ....... just spitballing here.

Your spitballs are soft Nancy...our athletics department brain trust are just crazy enough to try such a silly idea. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'm fine with someone with USF connections as a tiebreaker, but at the end of the day we need the best person for the job and nothing else.

17 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I'm fine with someone with USF connections as a tiebreaker, but at the end of the day we need the best person for the job and nothing else.

This I can live with as long as it’s the last criteria with little to no value. I just don’t see what an alumnus brings to the table. He can’t talk about the championship he won. He can’t talk about our culture of NCAA tournaments. He can’t give a first hand view of the positive culture of USF basketball. I would rather have someone who played for Duke, KU, NC, etc. who has experienced winning as a player (if we are using that criteria) and winning as a head coach. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

This I can live with as long as it’s the last criteria with little to no value. I just don’t see what an alumnus brings to the table. He can’t talk about the championship he won. He can’t talk about our culture of NCAA tournaments. He can’t give a first hand view of the positive culture of USF basketball. I would rather have someone who played for Duke, KU, NC, etc. who has experienced winning as a player (if we are using that criteria) and winning as a head coach. 

We will make a safe choice that checks all the boxes of the woke culture, probably won’t be qualified or successful but at least he or she will be accepted. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Your spitballs are soft Nancy...our athletics department brain trust are just crazy enough to try such a silly idea. 

Capko was just kind of a fun conversation starter ........ I think ..... but I don't think Odom would fall under the "crazy enough", silly idea, tag. Bottom line is that it's pretty apparent that it doesn't mean **** what someone has done in other places. We won't really know who is or isn't the best person for the job until they give it a try so may as well not get all wrapped up in worrying about who they bring in ........... if we have an opening.

..... and spitballs are supposed to soft.

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We will make a safe choice that checks all the boxes of the woke culture, probably won’t be qualified or successful but at least he or she will be accepted. 

I am afraid you are correct. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am afraid you are correct. 

That is the reason when they do I will check out of this **** show.