• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential replacements for MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, SittingBull said:

Cut bait,  replace MBB with a Bocce or Cornhole team.

Kickball or ultimate frisbee 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,974
  • Days Won:  469

8 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Would @Brad hire the Bulliever Cup Champion @flsportsfan83 on his staff. I am willing to leave my current position for a chance to coach at USF. I have very little basketball knowledge and have never played at any level. My wife though was a player in High School and on some AAU teams. 

Carrying the cup qualifies you.  No hesitation. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Carrying the cup qualifies you.  No hesitation. 

You both should be fired immediately! Just kidding lol

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Hey USF Volleyball is on ESPN+ at 11:00 am vs Tulane.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Well we might not know if it was true or not but certainly the players do and if found to be true then the coaches should pay for it, there was never room nor reason for racial slurs by coaches or anyone else and I for one am happy that in 2021 that will not be just brushed under the rug at USF. They are adults getting paid well and should know better.

I have been out of town and did not read the thread and was not sure these allegations have been substantiated. If they are than good riddance and if they are not they probably need to go anyways because they will have trouble filling out a team.  I am pretty much done either way with our MBB team, there is no reason to subject myself to this garbage, I have officially entered the portal as well.  

Like some have mentioned, I'd like to see an offensive minded coach comes in if Kelly has the guts to do what is screamingly obvious here.

Below are few mid-major coaches who have led top offenses by OER over the last 2+ seasons. Some of these can be pretty easy to scratch off due to any number reasons (coaching success, content with staying, no Florida recruiting ties, buyouts, their own less-reported controversies, etc.).

• Matt Langel - Colgate (#3 in OER on 2020-21 and #20 in OER in 2019-20); NCAAT in 2 of last 3 years
  • Ritchie McKay - Liberty (#6 and #11); made NCAAT each of last 3 seasons
  • Casey Alexander - Belmont (#7 and #23); 2 NCAAT appearances
  • Scott Nagy - Wright State (#10 and #41); 4 NCAAT appearances at 3 NITs at 2 different schools
  • South Dakota State (#20 and #13); Nagy's replacement - only 2 years as a HC

The list goes deeper but McKay, as an African American coach who has a long resume (former UVA associate head coach), could help repair MBB's image and Nagy who just flat out wins wherever he goes are both appealing.

Edited by bjef4844

15 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Like some have mentioned, I'd like to see an offensive minded coach comes in if Kelly has the guts to do what is screamingly obvious here.

Below are few mid-major coaches who have led top offenses by OER over the last 2+ seasons. Some of these can be pretty easy to scratch off due to any number reasons (coaching success, content with staying, no Florida recruiting ties, buyouts, their own less-reported controversies, etc.).

• Matt Langel - Colgate (#3 in OER on 2020-21 and #20 in OER in 2019-20); NCAAT in 2 of last 3 years
  • Scott Nagy - Wright State (#10 and #41); 4 NCAAT appearances at 3 NITs at 2 different schools

The list goes deeper but McKay, as an African American coach who has a long resume (former UVA associate head coach), could help repair MBB's image and Nagy who just flat out wins wherever he goes are both appealing.

Eric Henderson is the SDSU coach whose name I omitted.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I like someone that has won at multiple places and therefore should be capable to replicate here.  Who cares about Florida recruiting, get guys wherever they are that know how to put the ball in the basket.  What is nice but makes the sport less appealing is you can overhaul a team in a week, everyone is eligible to transfer without penalty so this is the year to do it.  (I believe this will become permanent in the future anyways).  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,812
  • Days Won:  22

31 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I like someone that has won at multiple places and therefore should be capable to replicate here.  Who cares about Florida recruiting, get guys wherever they are that know how to put the ball in the basket.  What is nice but makes the sport less appealing is you can overhaul a team in a week, everyone is eligible to transfer without penalty so this is the year to do it.  (I believe this will become permanent in the future anyways).  

Agree with you on this. And I know how frustrating it is to be a USF fan, specially in men’s basketball, don’t give up come back from the portal, we need you and every other fan.

I still think the right guy can win here and we have lots to offer, we just haven’t seen the right one yet. Let’s get an offensive minded coach and move forward.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,812
  • Days Won:  22

57 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Good list we don’t really need someone with Florida ties. Florida is not the hot bed of talent in basketball that it is in football, so we need someone that can bring in talent from the hot beds in the north that would love our facilities, sunshine, education and exciting offensive scoring basketball.

• Like 1