• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

46 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If you take away doom and gloom, there's not much for some to do around here. 

You can never take doom and gloom away from some. Finding dark lininings in silver clouds is a refined art.

Bottom line is that all the MBB back and forth is getting pretty tiresome. The **** gets real at the end of next year when MK has to decide whether to extend the contract or move in another direction. It will boil down to that one year, IMO, and I hope that CBG can pull it off because I'm not looking forward to yet another rebuild ............... even though it shouldn't be near as monumental a task as last time.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You can never take doom and gloom away from some. Finding dark lininings in silver clouds is a refined art.

Bottom line is that all the MBB back and forth is getting pretty tiresome. The **** gets real at the end of next year when MK has to decide whether to extend the contract or move in another direction. It will boil down to that one year, IMO, and I hope that CBG can pull it off because I'm not looking forward to yet another rebuild ............... even though it shouldn't be near as monumental a task as last time.

I fundamentally like CBG,  I like stability and there are always glimpses that we are about to turn the corner. Like you said that we never seem to take a step forward without also taking a step back or two is getting tiresome and at some point something needs to change, hopefully for all of our sakes it’s the results and everything will finally click like we have been expecting for years now. Next year...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

How is BG's recruiting? I know he brought in that one top 150 player.

I thought it was a mistake to let Stan Heath go one year after he brought in Egbunu and that other 4 star. Then a mass exodus happened.

If the recruiting stays high for this year give him one more season and see what happens. To burn it all to the ground again would be aggravating. 

Edited by zarnozdabull

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

I personally like CBG, I think we are lucky to have a coach with his background and I think he has done a good job of rebuilding the program to where we are not a laughing stock team that can’t even win while cheating (I’m looking at you Antigua). CBG has at least brought stability to a program that was in turmoil. CBG has a proven track record  and I’m ok with giving 1-3 more years. It’s not like there’s a ton of great coaches knocking on the door to take over South Florida basketball. I want to see us win as bad as any of you, but you can’t keep going through coaches every couple years, potential future coaches notice this and it’s a red flag. The inability to shoot FTs and lack of a Dominique Jones type of player is concerning, but an extensive rebuild is a tough process and requires patience. Since Georgia Tech fired CBG, how has that worked out for them? We unfortunately know how being impatient can back fire (CJL anyone?) and I would hate for us to make a mistake again. I agree we need to be mindful of progress, but all it takes is landing a star scorer and 2 good supporting players and we are rolling. In CBGs 4 years, year 1, 10-22 with a bunch of outcasts and leftovers; year 2, 24-14 CBA Champs; year 3, 14-17, missing his star player for the year; year 4, 8-11, COVID. Come on guys, his records alone are just as good as Stan Heath’s, let alone the difficulties he’s had to deal with. I want to see them do better and I believe there is still a lot of potential left here and I still have hope that CBG is our guy. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Most of us don’t give a rats ass about these peripheral sports and only follow FB and MBB and those two programs stink which may be the reason the commentary is less than positive.

This is spot on for me. It’s amazing how ****** the big two programs are. A combination of a lot of factors has put us where we are. 

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am more than hopping he can pull it off. This will be his opportunity let’s see if he has what it takes. 

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

And that’s understandable but why be negative on a thread or a post about a minor sport doing well? As I said I don’t mind reading negative posts on any of our programs when things aren’t going well or think it should be doing better, but man it just gets tiring to see that on programs or posts celebrating success.

I don’t follow WBB at all but I do read the threads...I did not notice any negative comments about the program. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t follow WBB at all but I do read the threads...I did not notice any negative comments about the program. 

You must have the Native American (who I'm still not convinced isn't Ned) on Ignore then .....

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

41 minutes ago, michibull said:

I personally like CBG, I think we are lucky to have a coach with his background and I think he has done a good job of rebuilding the program to where we are not a laughing stock team that can’t even win while cheating (I’m looking at you Antigua). CBG has at least brought stability to a program that was in turmoil. CBG has a proven track record  and I’m ok with giving 1-3 more years. It’s not like there’s a ton of great coaches knocking on the door to take over South Florida basketball. I want to see us win as bad as any of you, but you can’t keep going through coaches every couple years, potential future coaches notice this and it’s a red flag. The inability to shoot FTs and lack of a Dominique Jones type of player is concerning, but an extensive rebuild is a tough process and requires patience. Since Georgia Tech fired CBG, how has that worked out for them? We unfortunately know how being impatient can back fire (CJL anyone?) and I would hate for us to make a mistake again. I agree we need to be mindful of progress, but all it takes is landing a star scorer and 2 good supporting players and we are rolling. In CBGs 4 years, year 1, 10-22 with a bunch of outcasts and leftovers; year 2, 24-14 CBA Champs; year 3, 14-17, missing his star player for the year; year 4, 8-11, COVID. Come on guys, his records alone are just as good as Stan Heath’s, let alone the difficulties he’s had to deal with. I want to see them do better and I believe there is still a lot of potential left here and I still have hope that CBG is our guy. 

Agree completely. Back him and give him some more time. There's no good to be done in making a change now, or even next year.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You must have the Native American (who I'm still not convinced isn't Ned) on Ignore then .....

Oh hell...my bad...forgot about him...maybe on purpose. I have not seen him on the board for a few weeks.