• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think Gregory needs to be given a full season without COVID to assess where we are going, we can’t be changing coaches every three years and burning the program to the ground each time.

If this was his 1st season I totally agree, but he is completing his 4th year, so there is still ALOT to go off of. The disappointment of this season can be reasonably argued to be from things within and outside Gregory's control or influence.

He will likely be back for Year 5 and I am sure expectations, regardless of who stays an who guys, will be high.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

My expectations are so low that I am not saying fire him, at least we are not a dumpster fire, we are now simply a subpar team.  He deserves to come back next year however I  have trouble seeing how our current situation improves and it was nice having expectations for better days ahead the last couple years, that optimism has faded into apathy.  

I am with you on this. I was expecting more this year and was disappointed by the start even before COVID break but I gave him a pass due to Yetna returning from injury and trying to run practices etc thru all the virus situations.

I hope he gets it together, I think he is a good guy and has brought talent but can he move the team to a more consistent winning situation that remains to be seen.

I think next year if things get back to some normality will say a lot. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

If you take away doom and gloom, there's not much for some to do around here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

ok let me be clear here since you have gotten all hot and bother about my comment.

As I said many times I have called many of our programs on this board but I’m also here giving props when they do well such as Women’s Basketball, Men’s Soccer 

Most of us don’t give a rats ass about these peripheral sports and only follow FB and MBB and those two programs stink which may be the reason the commentary is less than positive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

ok let me be clear here since you have gotten all hot and bother about my comment.

As I said many times I have called many of our programs on this board but I’m also here giving props when they do well such as Women’s Basketball, Men’s Soccer after they turned around after that horrific start. My point is that there are many on this board that NEVER say anything positive, everything they post is doom and gloom even after some team does well, there is a “but” comment. That’s who I was referring to, if that’s you then it’s about you, if it’s not you then it’s not about you.

Hope I have made myself clear but if most on this board are happy and want to continue with the BS posts that add nothing to do threads and are just doom and gloom on everything or mental masturbation to try to look witty, well then maybe it’s time for me to take another break from this board.

Not hot and bothered at all and you didn't really clarify anything, but thanks for trying.   Basically seems like "A" poster (puc) has you "hot and bothered" so no one else (except for you) is allowed to question anything or they get lumped in with said poster.   But it's cool.  Carry on.

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not hot and bothered at all and you didn't really clarify anything, but thanks for trying.   Basically seems like "A" poster (puc) has you "hot and bothered" so no one else (except for you) is allowed to question anything or they get lumped in with said poster.   But it's cool.  Carry on.

Ok. Maybe read it again and it might be clearer then. Funny that you read all that and came up with the conclusion that it was one poster that I was talking about, which is not, and never did I say that no one is allowed to post anything. So good try at spinning what I posted to fit the image you have of me. Oh and thanks for letting me carry on. 

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Most of us don’t give a rats ass about these peripheral sports and only follow FB and MBB and those two programs stink which may be the reason the commentary is less than positive.

And that’s understandable but why be negative on a thread or a post about a minor sport doing well? As I said I don’t mind reading negative posts on any of our programs when things aren’t going well or think it should be doing better, but man it just gets tiring to see that on programs or posts celebrating success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

And that’s understandable but why be negative on a thread or a post about a minor sport doing well? As I said I don’t mind reading negative posts on any of our programs when things aren’t going well or think it should be doing better, but man it just gets tiring to see that on programs or posts celebrating success.

That is a good point and agree with that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why would he be hot on bothered by me?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I think this is fair enough criticism I just wonder why it’s coming to a head on a post regarding a national publication calling out that our failures being strong enough that we have a coach with national hot seat attention, that seems by its very nature to be pretty negative. 

• Haha 1