• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

For awhile, I was in the camp that it would be nice to bring Collins and Brown back for a fifth year. Now, not so much. Time to see what some new blood might be able to bring. Yetna? Where's he going? Caleb Murphy is the real question for me at this point. He's got some great athleticism, but the dude simply can't shoot the basketball. He's a liability on the court right now. All you have to do is play off him. Doesn't matter how wide open he is from 15 feet out, he's not going to make that shot with any consistency to make you come out and guard him. 

Read somewhere Yetna could graduate 5his year. He is the one I would like to return. Brown is our best three point shooter but he disappears at times with that said I would like to see him back. Murphy needs to improve his shooting skills and defense will he? That’s a big question but he is young and talented. Gregory is bringing in a highly touted point guard. This team lacks and aggressive scorer that can take over when teams needs it.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Read somewhere Yetna could graduate 5his year. He is the one I would like to return. Brown is our best three point shooter but he disappears at times with that said I would like to see him back. Murphy needs to improve his shooting skills and defense will he? That’s a big question but he is young and talented. Gregory is bringing in a highly touted point guard. This team lacks and aggressive scorer that can take over when teams needs it.

Yetna needs many more minutes in the college game if he has any desire to play pro ball. I'm OK with Brown returning simply because he's the only outside threat on the roster right now - except maybe X. Murphy could be a go-to scorer for sure, but not until he becomes at least a serviceable enough perimeter shooter that defenders have to come out and guard him. You can't get to the hoop when your defender can play off you because he's not afraid of your jump shot at all. The freshman PG Moss has a lot of potential.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

For awhile, I was in the camp that it would be nice to bring Collins and Brown back for a fifth year. Now, not so much. Time to see what some new blood might be able to bring. Yetna? Where's he going? Caleb Murphy is the real question for me at this point. He's got some great athleticism, but the dude simply can't shoot the basketball. He's a liability on the court right now. All you have to do is play off him. Doesn't matter how wide open he is from 15 feet out, he's not going to make that shot with any consistency to make you come out and guard him. 

Same. It’s up to BG to make the program better by recruiting better players. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same. It’s up to BG to make the program better by recruiting better players. 

Every team we play has better "basketball players" than we have - or, at least, more of them. Every team shoots the ball better from the field and the free throw line. When we win, it's because we out-athlete a mid-major or catch somebody at the right time. We have so much trouble doing the things that are fundamental to basketball - shooting, passing, dribbling. So many silly turnovers. So many missed open shots. So many missed free throws. You can't make up for those things against decent teams. And, I don't think I've ever seen more team slumps than I do with USF basketball. Why is it that when one or two guys are struggling, so do all the rest? There's never anyone to pick up the slack. It's always a collective scoring slump, shooting slump, turnover slump.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Didn’t Yetna participate in senior day yesterday? Thought I read he did. Which means he’s likely gone no matter what we think his chances of paying pro ball. As a reminder pro ball could be Europe or elsewhere not necessarily the NBA.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Didn’t Yetna participate in senior day yesterday? Thought I read he did. Which means he’s likely gone no matter what we think his chances of paying pro ball. As a reminder pro ball could be Europe or elsewhere not necessarily the NBA.

I don't expect him back. Its my understanding he graduates this spring and If he receives an offer to play in the LNB he will likely head back to France. 

My bigger concern is Murphy transferring out with players now able to transfer without having to sit out a year - that would leave Durr as our only returning starter.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think this is fair. CBG needs to show a lot more next season. Covid is a mitigating factor, but the team's performance down the stretch is indicative of a team in disarray. It feels like CBG has lost this squad and the effort and passion are missing.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Thought I read just Brown and Collins but didn't stay for men's game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think this is fair. CBG needs to show a lot more next season. Covid is a mitigating factor, but the team's performance down the stretch is indicative of a team in disarray. It feels like CBG has lost this squad and the effort and passion are missing.  

A team missing it's front court would have a tendency to look in disarray .... Next year is the 5th in a 6 year contract. MK will have a decision to make at the end of it one way or another.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Is this the guy you are referring to?  is he good enough to make a real impact as a true freshman?  I just feel if this is all we have coming in, and its basically the status quo, then next season is not going to look a whole lot different than this season.