• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You can never take doom and gloom away from some. Finding dark lininings in silver clouds is a refined art.

Bottom line is that all the MBB back and forth is getting pretty tiresome. The **** gets real at the end of next year when MK has to decide whether to extend the contract or move in another direction. It will boil down to that one year, IMO, and I hope that CBG can pull it off because I'm not looking forward to yet another rebuild ............... even though it shouldn't be near as monumental a task as last time.

Agree - next year will be the key year. It will be interesting to see what MK deems as successful enough to warrant an extension.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Well to start with, this guy is higher rated than many that came here and started and contributed as freshmen like Collins. So we really do not know how much of an impact he will have until he gets here, but going by the rankings and past players here it looks good. As for who else is coming we really do not know that yet nor who is staying, or how much progress anyone staying will make.

Once again it seems that too many on this board just want to wallow in the doom and gloom on everything with our program and that’s coming from me that have called our many of our programs on this board.

I don't want to wallow in the doom and gloom, I'm actually looking for reasons to get excited about the next season.  

Good to hear this guy has a lot of cache.  Hopefully that and other possibilities fall into place to make us competitive and exciting again....I'm an optimist at heart, just need a reason for hope and possibilities!

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Agree - next year will be the key year. It will be interesting to see what MK deems as successful enough to warrant an extension.

OK Crazy.....I'll bite, what is your definition of "successful enough to warrant an extension"??

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

OK Crazy.....I'll bite, what is your definition of "successful enough to warrant an extension"??

Based on MK’s ability to pick replacements? Two games.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

For a multi-year extension, I would say an NCAA bid or a deep run in the NIT. For a one-year extension I would settle for just being average - .500 conference record and an OER in or around the 50% percentile. 

If after 5 years, you can't do any of that in any year AND you can keep your job, then I am not sure what the goal is for MBB.

Gregory deserves a statue for breathing new life into the program and should be thought of in the same way Bucs fans think of Tony Dungy - he took a wretched program and changed the culture.  While he may not be able to take the program any further, he laid a foundation for whoever the next coach is.

Edited by bjef4844

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Based on MK’s ability to pick replacements? Two games.

To be clear, Michael Kelly was hired in 2018.  Brian Gregory was hired in 2017. 

Get the facts straight first!

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

For a multi-year extension, I would say an NCAA bid or a deep run in the NIT. For a one-year extension I would settle for just being average - .500 conference record and an OER in or around the 50% percentile. 

If after 5 years, you can't do any of that in any year AND you can keep your job, then I am not sure what the goal is for MBB.

Gregory deserves a statue for breathing new life into the program and should be thought of in the same way Bucs fans think of Tony Dungy - he took a wretched program and changed the culture.  While he may not be able to take the program any further, he laid a foundation for whoever the next coach is.

Huh?  You are talking both sides out of your mouth.  You can't have it both ways in one year dude.

If after 5 years?  That ship would have sailed way before then.

Last bold, HUH?  I truly believe now you really are a troll.  Should have listened to the rest of the posters here.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

To be clear, Michael Kelly was hired in 2018.  Brian Gregory was hired in 2017. 

Get the facts straight first!

It’s a CJS reference he replaced someone that could only win 4 games with someone that could only win 1. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s a CJS reference he replaced someone that could only win 4 games with someone that could only win 1. 

Well this is a Basketball thread, not a football thread.....So

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And again, get off your freaking love affair with the past......sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward.  We don't know yet what CJS can do, and to continue your negative hatred without cause, is just not fair!