• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A team missing it's front court would have a tendency to look in disarray .... Next year is the 5th in a 6 year contract. MK will have a decision to make at the end of it one way or another.

100% agree. Nothing that has occurred in the last 2 games should influence anyone's opinion of the program one way or the other. Instead your opinion should be formed on Gregory's  prior 119 games and not the 2 where he was missing his two big pieces.

He may be on the "mild seat" but absolutely agree he gets his 5th year, but next year the program will need to make a BIG leap. I am just not sure how that happens with the departures that will and could occur. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

100% agree. Nothing that has occurred in the last 2 games should influence anyone's opinion of the program one way or the other. Instead your opinion should be formed on Gregory's  prior 119 games and not the 2 where he was missing his two big pieces.

He may be on the "mild seat" but absolutely agree he gets his 5th year, but next year the program will need to make a BIG leap. I am just not sure how that happens with the departures that will and could occur. 

I don't think his seat is all that hot, but he has to show something next year. Also, he may get a pass for the last 2 games. The Temple and Tulane losses were bad. I get that Yetna played sparingly against Temple, but we should have at least made that game competitive without him. We got absolutely rolled by Temple in the second half of that game. I can take losing to the Houstons and Memphises of the world, but not to Tulane and this year's iteration of Temple, at least not like that. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

17 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Is this the guy you are referring to?  is he good enough to make a real impact as a true freshman?  I just feel if this is all we have coming in, and its basically the status quo, then next season is not going to look a whole lot different than this season.

Well to start with, this guy is higher rated than many that came here and started and contributed as freshmen like Collins. So we really do not know how much of an impact he will have until he gets here, but going by the rankings and past players here it looks good. As for who else is coming we really do not know that yet nor who is staying, or how much progress anyone staying will make.

Once again it seems that too many on this board just want to wallow in the doom and gloom on everything with our program and that’s coming from me that have called our many of our programs on this board.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Well to start with, this guy is higher rated than many that came here and started and contributed as freshmen like Collins. So we really do not know how much of an impact he will have until he gets here, but going by the rankings and past players here it looks good. As for who else is coming we really do not know that yet nor who is staying, or how much progress anyone staying will make.

Once again it seems that too many on this board just want to wallow in the doom and gloom on everything with our program and that’s coming from me that have called our many of our programs on this board.

I am tired of wallowing in doom and gloom but the year was a disappointment.  Even prior to our 32 day break we were not the team I thought we would be.  I naively thought we had a team that was capable of being on the bubble or a solid NIT team and it was evident this was far from accurate.  Yetna was a shell of his former self, Collins regressed IMO, Murphy showed great athleticism but can’t shoot to save his life.  Durr and Castenada were the  only guys that improved.  We really missed Rideau, our guards are weak and watching us play some of these other teams showed how far we are from where we would like to be.  This season is over and not sure I have any reason to be optimistic about next season and that is the reality we live in.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So just that I am clear.  When you "called out many of our programs on this board " it is cool, but if anyone else questions anything they are wallowing in the "doom and gloom on everything with our program".  And I'm not calling you out or anything I just want to be clear on the board rules ..... 🤔

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am tired of wallowing in doom and gloom but the year was a disappointment.  Even prior to our 32 day break we were not the team I thought we would be.  I naively thought we had a team that was capable of being on the bubble or a solid NIT team and it was evident this was far from accurate.  Yetna was a shell of his former self, Collins regressed IMO, Murphy showed great athleticism but can’t shoot to save his life.  Durr and Castenada were the  only guys that improved.  We really missed Rideau, our guards are weak and watching us play some of these other teams showed how far we are from where we would like to be.  This season is over and not sure I have any reason to be optimistic about next season and that is the reality we live in.  

I agree with a lot of what you said but I think judging too much based on this crazy season is not good.

Gregory has brought better talent to the team, as you said shooting and FTs are my biggest beef with his teams so far. Yetna’s injury certainly has affected him and the team and he is nowhere near to the player he was, will he stay, will he get better. We saw some flashes in games that he was getting better. Collins to me has been the biggest disappointment he just hasn’t seem to improve in his FTs and disappears from games.

I think Gregory needs to be given a full season without COVID to assess where we are going, we can’t be changing coaches every three years and burning the program to the ground each time.

I am not saying everything is going wonderfully with the Men’s Basketball Program, I just think that he has improved it from the cluster it was in and deserves more time.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So just that I am clear.  When you "called out many of our programs on this board " it is cool, but if anyone else questions anything they are wallowing in the "doom and gloom on everything with our program".  And I'm not calling you out or anything I just want to be clear on the board rules ..... 🤔

Great point. 

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but I think judging too much based on this crazy season is not good.

Gregory has brought better talent to the team, as you said shooting and FTs are my biggest beef with his teams so far. Yetna’s injury certainly has affected him and the team and he is nowhere near to the player he was, will he stay, will he get better. We saw some flashes in games that he was getting better. Collins to me has been the biggest disappointment he just hasn’t seem to improve in his FTs and disappears from games.

I think Gregory needs to be given a full season without COVID to assess where we are going, we can’t be changing coaches every three years and burning the program to the ground each time.

I am not saying everything is going wonderfully with the Men’s Basketball Program, I just think that he has improved it from the cluster it was in and deserves more time.

My expectations are so low that I am not saying fire him, at least we are not a dumpster fire, we are now simply a subpar team.  He deserves to come back next year however I  have trouble seeing how our current situation improves and it was nice having expectations for better days ahead the last couple years, that optimism has faded into apathy.  

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

ok let me be clear here since you have gotten all hot and bother about my comment.

As I said many times I have called many of our programs on this board but I’m also here giving props when they do well such as Women’s Basketball, Men’s Soccer after they turned around after that horrific start. My point is that there are many on this board that NEVER say anything positive, everything they post is doom and gloom even after some team does well, there is a “but” comment. That’s who I was referring to, if that’s you then it’s about you, if it’s not you then it’s not about you.

Hope I have made myself clear but if most on this board are happy and want to continue with the BS posts that add nothing to do threads and are just doom and gloom on everything or mental masturbation to try to look witty, well then maybe it’s time for me to take another break from this board.

1 minute ago, bjef4844 said:

Great point. 

I knew this would get Brybulls attention 😀, I liked you better as a negative nelly, at least then you were being authentic.