• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in search of a new FB coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Nothing would be more USF than Skip going to UCF and succeeding.

season 4 scary dream GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

None of these Coaches scare me really, except for maybe Gus.  I don't remember the circumstances of his departure from Auburn.  I thought he did pretty well there.  But why would he take that big of a step back from being a National Champion at one point in the SEC?

Just my opinion but it is unlikely Gus will ever get a P5 job again after the mediocre years he had at the end (of course Auburn’s scale is much different) unless he goes G5 first. He knows if he ever wants to get back he will have to take a G5 job. For better or worse ucf is recognized and there is a track record of coaches going there to move up. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,536
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just my opinion but it is unlikely Gus will ever get a P5 job again after the mediocre years he had at the end (of course Auburn’s scale is much different) unless he goes G5 first. He knows if he ever wants to get back he will have to take a G5 job. For better or worse ucf is recognized and there is a track record of coaches going there to move up. 

Yeah, but those have been assistant P5 coaches using it as a springboard, not ex P5 hc's using it as a trampoline and I'm guessing they go the assistant route again. Outside of Joey Freshwater, how many other former P5 hc's have gone the G5 route and got back to P5 head coach again again? I'm not that familiar with that scenario ...

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, but those have been assistant P5 coaches using it as a springboard, not ex P5 hc's using it as a trampoline and I'm guessing they go the assistant route again. Outside of Joey Freshwater, how many other former P5 hc's have gone the G5 route and got back to P5 head coach again again? I'm not that familiar with that scenario ...

Good point I don’t think Gus would go there and in the long run I am not sure ucf would even want him. The list that has been provided is very underwhelming however. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point I don’t think Gus would go there and in the long run I am not sure ucf would even want him. The list that has been provided is very underwhelming however. 

Tony Elliot going there, as much as I would hate it, would make an interesting rivalry with USF.

28 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Tony Elliot going there, as much as I would hate it, would make an interesting rivalry with USF.

I don’t know...Elliot may have turned down Tenn from what I heard. He has the luxury to wait for something better than ucf.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

I heard Tennessee is not thrilled about their new coach and AD.  Hah.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Outside of Joey Freshwater, how many other former P5 hc's have gone the G5 route and got back to P5 head coach again again? I'm not that familiar with that scenario ...

Lane Kiffin, though that may be a bad example, since he never really had success as a P5 HC and it is only a matter of time before he washes out at Ole Miss 

Personally, that list looks like a computer hack with too much time on their hands

Malzahn just got a nice payout from Auburn, Skip seems pretty happy at LT and if he has another good year, Chadwell can go right to the P5 without having to deal with a G5 dumpster fire.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Also, why isn’t Cash Money on the UCF list?  Taggart will go anywhere for even a slight raise 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Lane Kiffin, though that may be a bad example, since he never really had success as a P5 HC and it is only a matter of time before he washes out at Ole Miss 

Personally, that list looks like a computer hack with too much time on their hands

Malzahn just got a nice payout from Auburn, Skip seems pretty happy at LT and if he has another good year, Chadwell can go right to the P5 without having to deal with a G5 dumpster fire.

Just FYI, Joey Freshwater is the nickname for Lane Kiffin.