• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in search of a new FB coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would have taken a state of the art IPF over a new baseball stadium any day of the week. 

I pretty sure the money was raised by the baseball program primarily to get that new stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

On 1/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, Cubanbull said:

Let’s see remember when we went into the Big East, the promises of upgrading facilities? And how long it took to get anything done. The IPF has been talked about, planned for years, other AAC schools have built theirs ours are still in planning stages. If you look at our history everything moves at a glacial pace compared to other schools.

Joined the Big East in 2005 and completed new facilities for 4 sports in 5-6 years. No idea if that would be considered glacier pace or not for that kind of undertaking .....

May be a good time to again interject where the probable root cause of all this lies. Although the buck stops with the Athletic Department (pun intended) and they're ultimately responsible for everything, the life blood of college athletics is in contribution levels. Our donor base was so excited, and understood the gravity of the opportunity we were handed by the BE invite, that the Contribution amount went from $2.7M in 2005 to $2.1M in both 06 and 07. It did go back up, finally topping out at only $3.0M, which was still lagging far behind the other schools who were given the BCS gift.

IMO, bottom line is our overall fan base, for a myriad of reasons not under the control of administration, just didn't/don't care enough to understand how the economics of college athletics works ....

Having said all that, I do agree that something weird is going on with the IPF and would be nice to know what it is. Sounded like it was almost set to break ground in Spring of 2020 and curious as to why it didn't ........ another Covid casualty? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,521
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Joined the Big East in 2005 and completed new facilities for 4 sports in 5-6 years. No idea if that would be considered glacier pace or not for that kind of undertaking .....

May be a good time to again interject where the probable root cause of all this lies. Although the buck stops with the Athletic Department (pun intended) and they're ultimately responsible for everything, the life blood of college athletics is in contribution levels. Our donor base was so excited, and understood the gravity of the opportunity we were handed by the BE invite, that the Contribution amount went from $2.71M in 2005 to $2.1M in both 06 and 07. It did go back up, finally topping out at only $3.0M, which was still lagging far behind the other schools who were given the BCS gift.

IMO, bottom line is our overall fan base, for a myriad of reasons not under the control of administration, just didn't/don't care enough to understand how the economics of college athletics works ....

Having said all that, I do agree that something weird is going on with the IPF and would be nice to know what it is. Sounded like it was almost set to break ground in Spring of 2020 and curious as to why it didn't ........ another Covid casualty? Inquiring minds want to know.

Because we are a “commuter” school where kids go when they get rejected by the like of UF or FSU.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone gets accepted by FSU. Those acceptance letters are about as common as the monthly Valpak.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, Triple B said:

May be a good time to again interject where the probable root cause of all this lies. Although the buck stops with the Athletic Department (pun intended) and they're ultimately responsible for everything, the life blood of college athletics is in contribution levels. Our donor base was so excited, and understood the gravity of the opportunity we were handed by the BE invite, that the Contribution amount went from $2.71M in 2005 to $2.1M in both 06 and 07. It did go back up, finally topping out at only $3.0M, which was still lagging far behind the other schools who were given the BCS gift.

They did upgrade the facilities during the BE. WE just never got to a stadium or IPF. I care about college football more than the other d1 sports.  College football is the biggest money maker and gets the most attention for a university. I hope we get the IPF rolling asap. You can be successful without a home stadium after we have an IPF and improve our football program back to being in the top 25. Once we can get back to being a good program then we can worry about fundraising and getting the school to commit to an OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, Outlaw said:

They did upgrade the facilities during the BE. WE just never got to a stadium or IPF. I care about college football more than the other d1 sports.  College football is the biggest money maker and gets the most attention for a university. I hope we get the IPF rolling asap. You can be successful without a home stadium after we have an IPF and improve our football program back to being in the top 25. Once we can get back to being a good program then we can worry about fundraising and getting the school to commit to an OCS.

Agree. Football drives the bus, money wise and in any expansion scenario. We need the IPF ASAP. A home stadium while nice to have is not needed but we need to fund the football program with coaches and facilities comparable to anyone in the AAC. With that plus our location there should be no excuses for not winning. So Give ALL the tools they need and Demand excellence.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Has our football team ever actually made USF money?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

On 1/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

So much for the facade of being in Florida for his mother.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:44 PM, bowman1 said:

Also, why isn’t Cash Money on the UCF list?  Taggart will go anywhere for even a slight raise 

The Professor Harold Hill of the college football world.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

I supppose anything is possible.  And maybe he has learned a thing or two since leaving USF and going to La Tech.....but I will take my chances that if UCF takes him, it ain't gonna be pretty.  He sucked so bad here, I'll take my chances.  If he works out then good for the, just can't see the ceiling being too high.  My vote is still with CJS being better.  He just seems more composed and has a plan (despite the last 12 months).  Call it blinded by the light!

Knowing absolutely nothing about Skip, my gut says he's at Tech for life unless a miracle P5 dumptruck of money came along. He has success, money and stability there and from what I saw of him at USF he doesn't have the competitive hunger to leave that comfort and risk moving up to where he's failed before.