• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF in search of a new FB coach

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty sure scouts are watching him now. We shall see how it works out. 

I promise there are more scouts at an SEC game than a underwhelming UCF team last season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I promise there are more scouts at an SEC game than a underwhelming UCF team last season

Sure but does that really matter? Scouts can watch the Tape just as easily if he is worth it. It’s tough to not get noticed today. This kid will get killed at Tenn. with the lack of talent.  why take the chance when all of the scouts already know what he can and can’t do (and probably have a positive opinion of him now)?  Maybe he does go to Tenn but it’s far from a slam dunk for sure. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who is Herman?

If we're talking UCF .....

Pee-wee Herman Plays Not My Job : NPR

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

season 4 scary dream GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If he hadn’t been our coach, he’d be in the running. If his resume was what it is, but he burned out at UConn before going to LA Tech, he’d be a good pick for them. But, his history being what it is... it’s a high risk, high reward signing. If he crashes at UCF, it’s a double-whammy with him being tied to USF. But if he works out, yikes. It just kicks us in the nuts twice as hard.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 1/28/2021 at 9:43 PM, JTrue said:

If he hadn’t been our coach, he’d be in the running. If his resume was what it is, but he burned out at UConn before going to LA Tech, he’d be a good pick for them. But, his history being what it is... it’s a high risk, high reward signing. If he crashes at UCF, it’s a double-whammy with him being tied to USF. But if he works out, yikes. It just kicks us in the nuts twice as hard.

I supppose anything is possible.  And maybe he has learned a thing or two since leaving USF and going to La Tech.....but I will take my chances that if UCF takes him, it ain't gonna be pretty.  He sucked so bad here, I'll take my chances.  If he works out then good for the, just can't see the ceiling being too high.  My vote is still with CJS being better.  He just seems more composed and has a plan (despite the last 12 months).  Call it blinded by the light!

40 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I supppose anything is possible.  And maybe he has learned a thing or two since leaving USF and going to La Tech.....but I will take my chances that if UCF takes him, it ain't gonna be pretty.  He sucked so bad here, I'll take my chances.  If he works out then good for the, just can't see the ceiling being too high.  My vote is still with CJS being better.  He just seems more composed and has a plan (despite the last 12 months).  Call it blinded by the light!

There is zero chance they hire him. It’s not even a “what if” worth exploring.

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 minutes ago, JTrue said:

There is zero chance they hire him. It’s not even a “what if” worth exploring.

I agree with you, it makes no sense whatsoever.  But in this world we live in today, I can't rule anything out, well cause the world is completely upside down......but yeah, I was pretty much just playing the "What if" game cause I'm bored.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree with you, it makes no sense whatsoever.  But in this world we live in today, I can't rule anything out, well cause the world is completely upside down......but yeah, I was pretty much just playing the "What if" game cause I'm bored.

Like I said earlier, if he didn’t have USF attached to his name, his resume wouldn’t be a bad choice for them. But, his USF past is a deal-breaker. Their fans would go ape-****.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Like I said earlier, if he didn’t have USF attached to his name, his resume wouldn’t be a bad choice for them. But, his USF past is a deal-breaker. Their fans would go ape-****.

And in the small chance that he actually did have success there, our fan base would go wayyyy beyone ape-____.  We would have to talk our people down from the Skyway free fall.